Supervisor Home Loan Processing Services
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Supervise activities within the Home Loan processing department. Manage daily pipeline for the processing center to ensure timely loan turnarounds and closings to meet departmental deadlines, goals and quality objectives. Prepare, analyze and present statistical information related to productivity, quality, expenses, and benefits to management.
Supervise personnel responsible for Home disclosure, loan and closing processing, image capture retrieval and data entry activities to ensure work is systematically organized and accomplished in a timely and accurate manner. Responsible for training new hires and providing daily on-the-job training and coaching to staff. Schedule work hours, assign job duties and performance objectives and evaluate employee performance. Participate in the development, implementation, maintenance and training of users of automated systems. Assist with processing and closing loans as volumes increase.
Maintain knowledge of regulatory compliance changes. Ensure that staff is knowledgeable of loan products (FHA/VA/Convention/Grants/Home Equity). Provide updates to staff as new information is received. Analyze loan processing policies and procedures and assist in the development of new procedures. Implement process and procedure updates and ensure appropriate users are trained.
Work with vendors to obtain system updates, conduct system testing, identify and resolve issues. Assist management in the evaluation of vendors.
Maintain appropriate disaster recovery documentation and back-up procedures for completing work in a timely manner when internal resources are not available. Participate in special projects as required. Respond to and resolve customer inquiries and represent area in meetings or task forces.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
Participate in the selection, hiring, training and development and discipline of assigned staff. Supervise a staff of Home Loan Processors. Prepare performance assessments and make recommendations regarding staff compensation.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, or a related field
Supervisory ability to include:
- providing work direction and guidance to others
- maintaining work schedules
- organizing and planning
- coordination and controlling of projects
- analyzing and problem solving
- meeting deadlines
- maintaining production and quality control documentation
- establishing and maintaining unit workflow and production standards
- establishing work priorities
- developing training programs for new procedures, tasks, and functions
- evaluating service vendors and maintaining a back-up methodology to complete work in a timely manner
- recommending equipment acquisition and overseeing the maintenance of equipment
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- College level coursework in Business Administration, Management, or a related field
- three years recent Home processing/closing combined experience
- working in a production and/or service oriented environment
- working with automated processing systems
- resolving complex issues
- operating terminal and/or PC equipment with both numeric and alphabetic keyboard
- using Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge and Skills:
- Home loan terminology and processing procedures
- Real Estate Home regulations, including but not limited to TILA/RESPA/HMDA documentation related to the processing consumer Home applications (e.g., tax returns, financial statements and records, verification of income and deposits, etc.).
- Home loan billing schedules and payment requirements
- system displays used for inquiry, entry, and other tasks involved in the processing of Home loans
- maintain accurate records
- operate an adding machine or calculator
- operate a Windows-based PC
- perform basic mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and percentages
- analyze statistical production and quality
- communicate effectively with others in a work environment
- statistical production, productivity, and quality reports
- perform control functions, such as distributing work based on demand and resource availability
- analyze Home loan related procedures for effectiveness
- create and maintain processing procedure manuals, rules, and instructions
- demonstrate sound judgment and ability to think critically
- evaluate facts and data to draw conclusions and determine the downstream impact of decisions and associated risks
- demonstrate written communication skills
- work irregular hours and overtime
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
Field Manager V
Cynthia oversees the day-to-day operations of an Ann Arbor Auto Club Group office, streamlining processes, interacting with members, and managing the sales of products and services.
Back to top