Sr Service Advisor
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Responsible for providing stellar customer service and being a liaison between customers and Service Technicians. Position greets customers, answers telephones, and sets up appointments. Makes service recommendations and reviews maintenance schedule with customer. Completes service request and maintains and processes all necessary paperwork.
Communicates between the Service Technician and the customer and ensures all Advisors are communicating appropriately regarding problems with the vehicles and presents factual, situational information to customer. Follows up on repairs with Technicians and keeps customers informed of work status and progress
Obtains parts, assists in determining parts pricing and profit margins as required, and assists in maintaining the general upkeep of the Center.
Responsible for training, mentoring and assisting other Service Advisors in the successful performance of their duties and completing other Center responsibilities. Supports and assists the Facility Manager in the managing of the day-to-day operations of the Center, to include daily opening/closing of the Center and managing the Center in the absence of the Facility Manager or at the Facility Manager's discretion.
Processes all customer payment transactions at the Center.
Provides input into overall location scheduling to ensure appropriate staffing to accommodate workload and customers' demands.
Supervises Lube Technicians (A & B) and Valet staff. Duties include coordinating the recruiting and selection of candidates and recommending compensation changes, promotions, demotions and termination decisions. Schedules staff to ensure smooth operation and appropriate staffing levels at all times. Responsible for evaluating performance. Makes decisions regarding performance issues, in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Responds to Employee issues and concerns.
- Previous successful leadership and supervisory experience in a related work environment
- ASE certification – C1-Automobile Service Consultant
Exposure to loud noises and odors intermittently in the shop environment. This position may require a minimum 50 hour/week working long hours as well as evening and weekend hours. Limited travel required.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
- High School diploma, GED or Technical school graduate/certification
- Must possess valid driver's license
- 3 years of directly related experience with automotive and/or truck systems and technical resources that includes sales and service responsibilities and provided exposure to business fundamentals such as parts pricing and determining profit margins
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated successful sales skills and ability to independently and consistently make appropriate service recommendations to Members and customers
- Ability to understand facility operations and perform projects and assignments related to improving and enhancing the Center
- Basic mechanical ability and/or ability to understand mechanical repair and service processes and procedures in order to understand and relay this information to Customers and communicate effectively with Service Technicians
- Demonstrated ability to train and mentor Service Advisors and other positions in the Center, and lead the team as required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Solid keyboard skills with ability to enter data accurately and efficiently
- Ability to solve sometimes complex problems in an efficient and effective manner
As an Employee you will enjoy the benefits of:
- A highly competitive pay plan with a great benefits package and paid holidays
- Sundays off
- A great working environment with air conditioned shops
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
Field Manager V
Cynthia oversees the day-to-day operations of an Ann Arbor Auto Club Group office, streamlining processes, interacting with members, and managing the sales of products and services.
Back to top