Sr. Mgr., QA & Testing
- Dearborn, MI
Sr. Mgr., QA & Testing- The Auto Club Group
What you will do:
The Auto Club Group is seeking prospective Sr. Mgr., QA & Testing who will translate senior management vision and develops department vision, strategy, service levels and business objectives. Communicates the vision and strategy to managers and staff.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Plan and implement programs to ensure all information systems products and services meet minimum organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Ensure adequate product testing prior to implementation, devising improvements to current processes and procedures, developing models of possible future configurations.
- Administer problem management process, including monitoring and reporting on problem resolution.
- Devise improvements to current procedures. Performing work-flow analysis and recommending quality improvements.
- Make recommendations regarding the acquisition and/or implementation of software to increase information systems efficiency
- Directly accountable for the team's planning and execution of end-to-end User Acceptance Testing (UAT) strategies to deliver the priority initiatives required for the business lines
- Manage critical relationships with IT, consultants and vendors, internal end users and business customers/leadership.
- Devise improvements to current testing procedures and tools, and develops models of possible future team configurations.
- Full people management responsibility across the QA team, including hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, & training and development.
Leads a team of management, professional and support responsible for IT Quality Assurance and UAT throughout the footprint.
With our powerful brand and the mentoring we offer, you will find your position as a Sr. Mgr., QA & Testing can lead to a rewarding career at our growing organization.
How you will benefit:
- Our Auto Club Group Sr. Mgr., QA & Testing earn a competitive salary with a potential of earning bonuses
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits packages are just another reason to work for the Auto Club Group. Benefits include:
- 401k Match
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Match
We're looking for candidates who:
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field or in the alternative a combination of education, certifications and work experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field.
- 8+ years relevant experience in areas of Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing
- Proven strategic thought leadership and demonstrated experience driving innovation and change
- Participating in and contributing to the development and documentation of business requirements
- Reviewing business requirements and technical design documents
- Developing test cases based on test conditions, business requirements and technical design
- Proactively identifying, researching and resolving problems
- Developing re-usable documentation
- Testing applications on multiple platforms
- Testing, working with or evaluating third party vendor packages
- Working in strong, positive team environments
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of the supported business functions, workflow, systems and transactions.
- Excellent understanding of system design processes, methodologies and testing tools.
- Project Management skills to effectively initiate, plan, execute, control and close out the work of the team to achieve the goals of the project and fulfill success criteria.
- Excellent communication and personal skills. Able to communicate with senior leadership
- Operating systems (e.g. MVS, AIX/UNIX/LINUX, Windows, iOS, Android, Mac)
- Knowledgeable in both Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Industry technology standards relative to infrastructure/architectural concepts, database design concepts, server languages
- Waterfall and agile methodologies
- Take initiative to explore alternative approaches to project tasks or existing processes
- Communicate clearly about technical topics
- Interact effectively with representatives of various business units
Successful Sr. Mgr., QA & Testing will possess effective communication skills, ambition, motivation and drive!
What it's like to work for us:
We serve our members by making their satisfaction our highest priority. We do what's right by sustaining an open, honest and ethical work environment. We lead in everything we do by offering best-in-class products, benefits and services. And we value our employees by seeking the best talent, rewarding high performance and holding ourselves accountable.
All in all, we create an inclusive and welcoming environment of diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints, realizing our differences make us stronger.
Who we are:
The Auto Club Group helps AAA Members enjoy life's journey with peace of mind by providing innovative solutions, advocacy and membership benefits wherever and whenever they need them. We currently conduct business in 14 states in the upper Midwest and the Southeast.
The Auto Club Group has established four long-term enterprise goals:
- Long-term, sustainable, profitable growth
- AAA Membership growth and renewal
- Operational excellence
- Become the "flagship club" of the AAA Federation
The above statements describe the principle and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfil these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top