Sr Administrative Assistant
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Performs advanced administrative duties, requiring a thorough knowledge of practices and procedures of the functions assigned as well as organization policy and procedures. Assists in budget preparation, gathers information for reports, identifies and resolves personnel matters within department. Identifies and abstracts pertinent information from publications, correspondence and reports. Compiles data and prepares various reports, spreadsheets, correspondence, charts and graphs using various PC applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, etc). Reviews correspondence, memoranda and reports presented for executive's signature to assure typographical and procedural accuracy and creates correspondence from notes and general verbal instructions.
Maintains manager's calendar and makes appointments as instructed; arranges travel reservations and accommodations. Handles meeting arrangements and prepares agendas, reports, files and other materials for meetings. Screens telephone and personal calls to determine which executive subordinate office can handle particular item. Schedules appointments subject to manager's approval, maintains departmental records and handles special projects as assigned.
- College level coursework in Secretarial Science
Knowledge and Skills:
- 50/60 w.p.m. accurate typing
- 70 w.p.m. accurate shorthand (speedwriting acceptable) or dictaphone ability
- (Preferences to be noted at time of posting).
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
High School diploma or equivalent.
- Extensive P.C. software application experience (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Administrative experience to include organizing and planning, scheduling appointments, meetings, agendas, itineraries and work priorities
- Establishing and maintaining files
- Formatting and preparing memos, letters, tables and reports
- Communicating effectively with others in a work environment
- Maintaining records and budget
- Composing correspondence and reports
- Researching and abstracting information
- Summarizing statistical information
- Compiling and editing submitted information
- Performing basic mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong spelling and grammatical skills
- Knowledge of telephone etiquette and procedures
- 40 w.p.m.accurate typing
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top