Sr. Actuarial Analyst II Job in Dearborn, MI | Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Develops pricing for current or new property/casualty insurance coverage and products. Coordinates and executes scheduled rate reviews and indications to ensure rates are adequate, not excessive or unfairly discriminatory, and internally consistent with experience. Provides complex level analysis and preparation of competitive product and rate comparison reports. Formulates and interprets complex mathematical ratemaking models using available tools. Provides consultation and clarification regarding complex actuarial and risk assessment models.
Provides recommendations for improving methods, analysis and data gathering techniques used by the actuarial team. Provides instruction in basic actuarial methods and techniques to less senior analysts. Works with Actuarial Support in gathering and verifying data for rate indications, rate revisions and special projects. Develops complex models and manipulates data for actuarial review using standard software packages. Determines relevant factors and researches suitable trend indications for analysis, providing material and oral support to recommendations made to management. Performs actuarial adjustments to meet the analysis purpose. Analyzes competitor's rate structures and coverage. Develops and prepares competitor rate manual analysis. Prepares reports, proposals, system documents and documentation as required. Takes a lead role on projects and/or assignments as required.
Master Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics or related field.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics or a related field.
- Successful completion of five or more actuarial examinations and a minimum of four or more years of experience in an actuarial environment.
- Maintain eligibility in the Actuarial Professional Development Program following department guidelines.
- Preparing quarterly rate indications
- Formulating and interpreting mathematical predictive analytics models.
- Preparing property and casualty rate filings
- Preparing competitive product and rate comparison analysis reports
- Pricing property and casualty insurance products
- Completing actuarial research relating to insurance operations
Extensive experience in/with:
- Coordination and execution of projects
- Use of statistical tools and software applications to complete assignments
- Preparing reports and exhibits for senior management review
- Analysis of technical studies and data and draw sound conclusions
- Modeling and complex quantitative analysis resulting in sound recommendations
Knowledge and Skills/Ability to:
- Make oral presentations to business units and management
- Represent the department on inter-department teams
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance,401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top