Sr Accountant/Financial Analyst
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Prepares in-depth financial analyses and research to support and facilitate timely management decisions and/or financial reports or statements. Analyzes and evaluates financial implications of business decisions or transactions on financial results. Researches, evaluates and interprets financial data using advanced and emerging financial techniques and tools. Develops and manipulates complex financial models for support and analysis of business initiatives. Works with departments to ensure an understanding of financial consequences resulting from various actions. Provides support for internal and external auditors by preparing complex analytical schedules, responding to inquiries, researching issues and implementing recommended changes. Develops, designs, tests and documents system changes or upgrades. Represents finance on corporate teams and initiatives.
Financial Planning and Analysis
Provides support in the facilitation and monitoring of the financial segment of projects/department initiatives. Prepares in-depth analyses of statistical and financial data compared with peers, industry, corporate targets and history. Develops and recommends appropriate cost accounting methodologies. Assists management in defining corporate policies relating to the authorization procedures and establishment of standards for forecast and budgets processes.
- financial reporting (e.g. financial statement preparation, review and analysis)
- Master's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
Financial Planning and Analysis
- data collection, analysis and development of business forecast and budget
- analysis of business segments within corporate environment
- developing cost/benefit alternatives as part of a business case analyses
- prepare an in-depth analysis of statistical and financial data compared with peers, industry, corporate targets and history
- developing and implementing finance/business projects including cost justification, proposals and risk assessment
- application of various financial techniques to produce reports facilitating management decision making
- analysis of product profitability, pricing and other complex mathematical analysis
- developing/implementing business simulation/models
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education:(include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- Experience as a Financial Analyst/Accountant or similar position
- preparing and developing financial reports
- using automated accounting and/or management reporting systems
- preparing, analyzing and interpreting in-depth analyses of financial and or statistical data
- model development and manipulation using Microsoft Office products
Knowledge and Skills:
- communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- analyze complex financial data
- demonstrate decision making and problem solving
- derive actionable conclusions from analyzing data and information
- participate on project teams
- work independently
- work irregular or extended hours as required
- strong Microsoft Excel skills
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top