Service Technician A
- Suwanee, GA
Automotive Technician/Mechanic -John's Creek, GA
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is looking for talented individuals to join our Car Care Plus Centers. Here's what we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- No Sundays or evenings
- Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Closed with pay on most major holidays
- Paid Training
- Great work environment
- Competitive Benefits to include medical, dental and vision
- Top rated equipment
- Most locations air-conditioned
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for performing the repair and maintenance of automobile and truck vehicles for which they are fully trained. Completes routine scheduled maintenance services on automobiles and trucks as directed by manager or service consultant.
- In an efficient and productive manner, performs automotive repairs, adjustments and maintenance procedures as outlined on repair order for which Technician is trained. Responsible for all types and levels of repairs, adjustments and maintenance work accepted in the Center (including but not limited to light engine repair, electrical diagnoses and repair, light automatic transmission work). Works with, and trains lower level Technicians.
- Drives vehicles into service bay, prepares them for and completes inspections.
- Test drives vehicles and prepares vehicle for delivery to customer.
- Maintains cleanliness of shop and work areas, performs other duties as necessary.
- ASE certification L1-Advanced Engine Performance Specialist is preferred
- State inspection certificate
May experience loud noises and odors intermittently in the shop environment.
Must have own tools appropriate for skill level for use in the Center
- High School diploma, GED or Technical school graduate/certification
- Must possess 8 ASE Certifications with Master Technician (A1 - A8) designation or the equivalent combination of Technician certifications and ASE certifications. (ASE certification A9-Light Vehicle Diesel Engines is acceptable alternative to A2/A3 certifications.)
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- 5 to 10 years of experience repairing autos and/or trucks at dealership or an automotive center
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of automotive and/or truck systems, tools and technical resources and training to independently perform a variety of basic to complex repairs and maintenance of automobile and truck vehicles
- Understand and consistently demonstrate the proper use of equipment and tools used in such repair and maintenance and the need to maintain a clean, safe and organized work area
- Ability to consistently provide exceptional customer service and improve customer service score
- Ability to prioritize and deliver work on time
- Have the ability to mentor and train lower level Technicians to develop these Technicians and help them be successful
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top