Senior Project Manager
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Manages assigned project team on large complex/multiple projects to ensure success in achievement of project goals and consistency with defined standards. Manages the planning, design, development, implementation and/or support of complex mainframe and/or distributed information systems. Coordinates and defines technical requirements needed to complete project objectives. Ensures functional and technical design supports customer requirements and complies with AAA technology plan and existing architecture. Translates requirements to detailed specifications including budgetary projections. Negotiate contracts with outside vendors and manage vendor relationships. Develops business models, cost/benefit analysis, and recommends strategies. Assists in the definition of projects and the development of project proposals and charters.
Serves as a subject matter expert and consultant to mentor/coach team leaders in the use of project management concepts, tools and techniques.
Provides overall project management and coordination to secure integration of activities and resources with other company initiatives. Provides guidance and training to team members. Identifies opportunities to improve team performance and effectiveness. May provide guidance to project team leaders in defining measurements and measurement tools to track the achievement of project objectives. Prepares project status reports and variance analysis to ensure project remains on schedule and within budget. Conducts and facilitates quality assessment and reviews of projects. Evaluates project's success at completion of project based on achievement of benefits and value proposition assessment.
May assist in the coaching of systems development methodology and process management tools and techniques. Ensures systems are developed and documented within departmental standards.
- Strong project management experience with Customer Loyalty Programs.
- Develop processes and procedures for handling workflow related to system enhancement requests.
- Responsible for compiling presentations and training on aspects or improvements.
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration and a minimum of three years of project management experience; or
Project Management Professional (PMP) Designation
Applicable professional certification or technology designation and a minimum of five years project management experience; or
- Project planning and management (methods, tools and techniques)
- Staffing, coordinating, and leading large technology projects
- Evaluating a complex system and/or business process and understanding the interdependencies between components
- Evaluating state-of-the-art technology solutions
- Total quality processes and quality problem solving tools
- Developing and negotiating contracts with vendors
- Preparing business plans, value propositions/charters and proposals for long range strategic initiatives/strategic plans
- Performing a variety of high level technology and management consulting activities
- Cost/benefit analysis
Demonstrated ability in:
- Designing, developing and implementing technology using technology solutions
- Leading department improvement efforts
- Managing multiple projects
Excellent presentation, persuasion and interpersonal skills (at the middle/senior management level) to include report/proposal preparation and presentation. (A writing sample will be required at time of interview.)
Strong technical experience in/with:
- Mainframe, distributed system and/or Web based design, development and implementation
- Programming languages
- Operating systems
- Enterprise wide technology planning issues
- Systems operation practices
- System development methodologies
- Database design
- Tools and products used in structured systems development
Managerial experience to include primary responsibilities for:
- Staffing of professional and administrative staff
- Personnel policy interpretation/administration
- Leadership and decision making
- Developing budgets and expense controls
- Operations of multiple business areas of company
- Auto Club Group products and services
- Auto Club Group processing methods and procedures
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top