Senior Programmer Analyst – eCommerce
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Serves as the highest-level technical expert/leader, consulting project teams on technical design, development and implementation strategies. Participates in the technical planning to develop implementation strategies. Serves as the acknowledged expert in multiple technical specialties and/or mission critical application systems. Responsible for the design approval of new mainframe and/or distributed systems and major enhancements to existing systems. Understands Auto Club Group (ACG) business strategy and competitive environment and translates and implements business strategies into technology solutions. Ensures functional and technical designs support customer requirements and comply with ACG IT plan. Assists Security in the development of appropriate audit controls and procedures. Participates in the development of budget projections and monitors budget submissions to assist management in meeting department financial goals.
- Extensive experience in designing, developing and deploying consumer-facing (self-service) solutions in a variety of industries with particular focus on Insurance related products and services
- Advanced experience with mobile-first, responsive concepts and development
- Advanced experience in multi-tiered architecture and systems
- Advanced SDLC skills including story/task management, specification, documentation, code review, quality assurance, continuous integration and software release workflows
- Advanced experience with API / Web Service technologies (i.e. REST,JSON,SOAP,XML)
- Solid understanding of application security concepts
- Solid understanding of agile development methodologies
- Experience with CRM concepts and systems
- Developing/maintaining mobile applications or websites
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent level of work experience.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving complex business problems
- Designing, developing, implementing and/or supporting the most complex mainframe and/or distributed information systems
- Architecting or integrating new complex mainframe and/or distributed information systems
- Defining technical and functional requirements for complex applications
- Structured systems analysis, design, programming and testing
- Evaluating and installing purchased vendor application packages
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to project teams, specifically in the areas of design and integration with existing applications
- Software reengineering tools and techniques
- Enterprise application architecture
- Developing/writing design specifications and technical architecture solutions from business requirements
- Large scale projects
Knowledge and Skills:
- Responsive design and optimization / best practices for the mobile form factor
- UI/UX concepts and design
- Web service technologies
- Relational databases and complex SQL
- CSS Layout / Grids
- SEO and accepted best practices
- Visual Studio 2010 , ASP.NET, VB.NET
- Mobile platforms and devices
- Web analytic suites and tagging of web pages
- Security and control procedures
- Cross-browser and cross-platform compatibilities
- Object Oriented Programming
- Team Foundation Server
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Technology and design standards
Extensive understanding/knowledge of at least one of the following:
- Business processes and/or products/mission critical application systems/mission critical application systems under development/key strategic technology area
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top