Senior IT Consultant
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Serves in a planning consultant role with a strong background in technology. Provides oversight in the planning, evaluation, implementation and validation of new/emerging technologies. Leads project and /or technical maintenance teams. Responsible for providing recommendations and attaining design approval for new technologies and major enhancements to existing systems. Provides support to Security in the development of appropriate audit controls and procedures to ensure the integrity and protection of company resources. Works with customers to understand business objectives in order to ensure functional and technical designs meet requirements and are in compliance with the ACG infrastructure and IS technology standards.
- Establish networking environment by designing system configurations; directing system installations; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Report network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information.
- Cisco Certifications (CCDA, CCNP OR CCNA)
- Configuration and daily support of Cisco NX-OS (7K, 5K, 2K)
- Minimum 4 years hands on experience.
- Cisco Spine Leaf (9k/2k)
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience.
- Cisco Wireless (Identity Services Engine (ISE), Mobility Services Engine (MSE), Network Control System, Controllers, Aironet Access Points)
- Meraki Wireless
- Cisco 36xx, 37xx, 38xx, 65xx, 4xxx, ASR1x
- LAN/WAN Routing Architecture and Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP etc.)
- Office Products (Visio, MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Cisco IWAN
- Cisco NAC
- Network Management Tools (I.E. HP Openview, Solar Winds, Ace Live, Gigamon, Netscout)
- Infoblox – NetMRI, IPAM
- NetScaler Load Balancers
- F5 Load Balancers
- Catalyst 9xxx
- Checkpoint Firewall software and appliances
- SSL VPN
- Packet Capture Tools
- Cisco Video Conferencing
- Voice and data communication
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or applicable professional certification and/or six to eight years relevant technical and analytical experience.
Requirements include the same as previous in job family plus strong technical, analytic, design and development experience.
- Designing, developing and implementing technology solutions using technical/business design decisions
- Multi-platform environments and infrastructure technology planning
- Developing and maintaining vendor relationships
- Serving as a consultant to business lines in defining processes or identifying technology based on business requirements
- Developing business plans for technology initiatives
Strong knowledge of:
- Infrastructure architecture (Network, Integration)
- Tactical infrastructure technology
- Security and control procedures
- Relational database concepts
- Business process reengineering and technology application
Leadership experience including:
- Providing technical consultation and training to less senior staff
- Providing leadership to project teams/technical project maintenance teams
- Apply similar prior experience to new issues to ensure effective problem solving
- Develop strong business relationships
Strong written communication skills, including, but not limited to, procedures and technical material preparation and presentation.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top