Senior Field Communication Specialist
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Researches, conducts interviews, writes and edits communications for distribution to field employees via various channels including the internet/intranet. Uses a solid understanding of Field and Field Support business lines to proactively provide communication solutions and functional advice to internal clients. Acts as a primary liaison between employees, field administration and business line management regarding communication issues. Obtains the appropriate approvals for articles/communications within specified deadlines. Represents the department on project teams to ensure clear and consistent messaging, and recommends proper communication channels. Ensures that materials meet established company communication standards and works closely with sales support management to ensure timely, accurate, cost-effective completion of communications. Prepares special sales and promotional materials for internal audiences including company personnel and special target groups.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise business communications
- Coordination of production of materials with external print vendors.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency with InDesign or other comparable design software
- Strong interpersonal skills
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- College degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Communications or other related field.
- Preparing written materials for publication
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Writing/editing/proofreading or organizing web content and layout page design
- Developing and coordinating the selection of media, layout, and identification of communication channels
- Researching, editing and proofreading written materials
- Familiarity with aspects of project management
- Prioritizing, forecasting, scheduling and coordinating resources within assigned communication projects
- Working with multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Developing own story ideas
- Developing internal announcements
- Researching story ideas and conducting interviews
- Writing communications for distribution via internet and other channels
Knowledge and Skills:
- Graphic design/layout/format principles
- Principles and practices within the communication field
- Working knowledge of AP Stylebook
- Communicating effectively within a corporate/business environment
- Providing counsel to all levels of management on communication processes/issues
- Handling special assignments and confidential reports as requested
- Actively identifying new learning opportunities
- Strong writing skills (a writing sample will be required at time of interview).
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top