Senior Business Consultant
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Provides expert advice, guidance, leadership and counsel to team members of one or more Business Transformation /IT related projects. Identifies project objectives and requirements and evaluates alternatives to present to management. Assists management in the development of project objectives, requirements and benefits as projects are initiated. Identifies project impacts on business and modifies project design as necessary. Coordinates, develops and defines test strategies/approaches. Develops contingency plans to ensure smooth transition of any changes to current system process. Ensures successful completion of assigned tasks as well as delivery of solutions, which create and/or maintain a competitive advantage with maximum return on investment.
Leads activities relating to the management of complex analysis, evaluation of alternatives and recommending innovative and effective business solutions. Oversees teams of individuals to complete specific project tasks and updates management team. Ensures that operating unit and corporate project resources and activities relating to their area of expertise are well planned and completely integrated. May act as a liaison between assigned department/project and internal/external contacts. Updates status of project to management over the course of the project.
Keeps current with new technologies. Assists in analyzing work flow and defining user needs for new technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Operations Research or related field preferred.
- PMP Designation preferred
- Knowledge of ACG Insurance Systems and Procedures
- Experience using ACG Insurance Systems including AAAgent Connect (Sales & Service Portal)
Works in a temperature controlled office environment. Occasional travel (up to 30% of work time), with exposure to road hazards and temperature extremes.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Extensive project leadership experience.
- Project/business planning and consulting
- Participating in the planning and implementation of corporate projects
- Researching, identifying and resolving moderately complex to complex business problems
- Staffing and coordinating project teams
- Analyzing and defining resource and skill requirements for projects
- Controlling and resolving changes in scope, timing, costs, quality and client satisfactions
- Preparing cost proposals/justifications
- AAA Branch and/or Home Office and/or Insurance experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- PC software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access ,Visio, MS Project)
- Project management tools (e.g., GANTT, Pert charts, Project Professional, etc.)
- Measurement tools for monitoring goal achievement
- Problem identification and resolution techniques
- Analyzing and summarizing data
- Planning and control of work flow
- Achieving stated objectives within designated time frame
- Analysis, compilation and interpretation of data
- Contribute a high level of expertise in content knowledge
- Evaluate a complex system and/or business process and understand the interdependencies between components
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to include report preparation and presentation of major reports
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top