- Tampa, FL
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Develops, plans, and conducts independent appraisals of accounting, financial, and other ACG operations and procedures to ensure accuracy, compliance with established standards and policies, data integrity and internal security. Develops audit objective, scope and procedures. Plans and performs audits with a high level of independence and autonomy. Documents audit findings. Investigates irregularities and errors. Analyzes the adequacy of internal controls. Prepares audit reports to management containing findings and recommends corrective changes. Provides advice and guidelines to management personnel relative to the development of new or modified controls.
Represents Internal Audit on Corporate projects. Consults with company staff and management on financial and operational control issues. Helps to promote a strong corporate control environment by working with employees and management to increase awareness of business risks and control concepts. Assists Internal Audit management personnel with risk assessment and audit planning.
May coordinate activities with outside auditors as necessary.
- Insurance or Banking industry background
- Data Mining
- PeopleSoft Financial system
- TeamMate Analytics
Works in a temperature controlled office environment. Occasional (less than 10% of work time) travel required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- One of more of the following certifications: CPA/CIA/CFE/CISA/CQA (Certified Public Accountant/Certified Internal Auditor/ Certified Fraud Examiner/Certified Information Systems Auditor/Certified Quality Auditor)
Extensive experience in:
- Planning and conducting financial and operational audits with a high level of independence and autonomy
- Working autonomously on special projects/complex issues
- Researching, analyzing, identifying and resolving complex business problems
- Providing leadership to project teams
- Analyzing business processes and preparing formal recommendations for management
- Performing risk assessments and designing audit test plans
Knowledge and Skills:
Extensive knowledge and skills:
- Internal Audit techniques and control concepts
- working with PC software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Visio)
- Data analysis, compilation and interpretation of data to develop recommendations/conclusions for management
- Effectively communicate with others in a work environment
Back to top