Sales Support Specialist III Job in Birmingham, MI | Auto Club Group
- Birmingham, MI
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 10+ million members and customers across 13 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, MEEMIC and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead, coordinate and monitor various field sales projects to ensure the achievement of regional and corporate goals. Provide analytical skill and content knowledge in the development of recommendations, and prepare reports, statistical information and communications for distribution. Research issues and respond to complex inquiries, providing management with a consistent approach regarding various processes (e.g. communication, training schedules, promotions, events) across regions. Develop reviews and analyze various reports (e.g. sales volumes, retention results, commission, revenue, expense, service trends, etc) to identify opportunities for further training, improved marketing opportunities, tracking for contest standings, etc.
Support projects/implementation of action plans designed to promote market growth and penetration. Develop and/or maintain branch/department budgets for management review. Support projects and /or drives local promotions and sales including the marketing of member and prospect events in branches and communities. May develop and contract local Show Your Card & Save (SYC&S) partnerships, and identify, cultivate and execute local community-level sponsorships.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Advertising, or a related field
- Active participation in civic or community organizations.
Works in a temperature controlled office environment. Frequent travel (approximately 50% of work time) required with exposure to road hazards and temperature extremes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College coursework in Business Administration, Marketing, Advertising or extensive experience a related field.
- Business planning and consulting
- Researching, identifying, and resolving complex business problems
- PC software applications (e.g. Excel, Access, MS Project, Word, etc.)
- Preparing and presenting proposals to all levels of management
- Implementing marketing plans and strategies
- Planning, developing, and maintaining client relationships
- Negotiating and/or implementing business contracts
- Planning, developing, and/or implementing promotional programs
Knowledge and Skills:
- Business and insurance industry trends
- Company products and services
- Mathematical calculations including statistics
- Club products and procedures
- Marketing affinity or partnership programs
- Prepare and deliver presentations to partnership prospects, management or project team
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public
- Negotiate with retailers at the local, national and international levels
- Develop and coordinate projects
- Work on diverse projects simultaneously
- Support sales targets across channels
- Identify potential growth opportunities
- Safely operate a motor vehicle
- Analyze problems and make decisions
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills to include report and proposal presentation (a writing sample may be required at time of interview.)
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top