The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Responsible for performing loss mitigation, risk mitigation and recovery activities regarding retail banking activities. Work with delinquent and charged-off accounts in accordance with Bank and legal guidelines, including related state and federal regulations in an effort to detect potential fraud. Provide collection assistance for loan and deposit accounts, including working with bankers or direct contact with the clients. Participate in the early, mid or late stages of the operational requirements related to the processing of official government requests, loss mitigation, foreclosures, repossessions, charge-off, recovery and bankruptcy collections.
Using Fraud and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) / Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations and laws to monitor and report daily activity. Ensure proper risk oversight is in place for account opening, approvals and denials. Review and monitor online queue/denials for consumer loans and deposits to assure compliance and fair lending practices are consistent and within reporting requirements. Oversee the electronic funds transfer (EFT) payment process, including researching fraudulent items and error resolution of EFT disputes. Perform suspect kite review. Assist with Customer Identification Program (CIP) quality control and exception resolution management.
Perform a variety of routine daily tasks; reviews reports, prepares correspondence; participates in special projects as needed in support of the bank's operational risk areas related to financial crime and fraud.
Banking experience in/with:
- Auditing, retail banking and retail and/or loan compliance
- Fiserv systems, including Premier Navigator, Premier Teller and Financial Crime Risk Management Suite
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Works in a temperature controlled office environment
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Experience in fraud and anti-money laundering environments in financial services organizations including monitoring of higher risk client accounts.
- Loan and/or deposit operations
- Back-end/front-end banking practices and procedures related to collections and financial crime monitoring and reporting
- Prescribed regulatory and security controls against criminal and fraudulent operations
- Conducting investigations, analyzing, problem solving and decision making
- Software applications including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Quality control processes
- Financial industry products, services, pricing, regulatory issues
- Display sound business judgment when working with bank staff and customers to manage potential fraudulent transactions
- Provide direction to and/or assist in the training of retail staff and lending support staff
- Take charge of projects and tasks as appropriate
- Work independently and make autonomous decisions
- Work flexible hours as necessary
Effective communication skills to communicate with customers, employees, outside contacts and management.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top