Retail Lending Financial Planning and Reporting Sr. Analyst Job in Dearborn, MI | Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Provides expert financial advice, guidance and counsel supporting business objectives and decisions. Researches, evaluates and interprets financial data using advanced and emerging financial techniques and tools. Responsible for providing consulting services to internal customers through participation on projects or corporate initiatives. Acts as the primary liaison with assigned business project teams to ensure successful achievement of project objectives and goals. Develops annual budget/plan as well as interim forecasts with assigned internal business partners. Coordinates with various departments in preparation for services provided by external organizations (i.e. bench marking, exams, audits, etc.).
Financial Planning and Analysis
Leads, facilitates and monitors the financial segment of large complex projects/and department initiatives. Acts as the primary liaison with assigned business partners to ensure successful development of the annual budget/plan and interim forecasts. Partners with the assigned business line leaders to ensure achievement of objectives and goals. Conducts research activities to determine and communicate financial implications resulting from reorganization, benchmark comparisons, reporting entity changes and merger/acquisitions.
The Auto Club Trust
Responsible for performance analysis, operational reporting, pricing analysis and business unit support including secondary marketing pricing and compliance reporting and analysis (regulatory exams, Holding company exams, internal and external audit requests, etc.). Assists with preparation and review of all reports prior to distribution to the end user. Prepares business plans, performs business analytics to develop recommendations for management review and support management on the implementation of changes needed to resolve discrepancies. Ensures data inputs are accurate and validated prior to producing any reports. Ensures reports are developed and presented professionally. Present report findings to management.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
- Master's in Business Administration
- Significant experience with R and other reporting tools
- Banking industry experience
W ork Environment:
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications :
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Statistics or Economics.
- Equivalent to a senior position within Finance/Accounting or other related fields
- Developing complex financial models using macros and other advanced spreadsheet applications (i.e. EXCEL) and experience using other software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Providing oversight to less senior employees in the quality of work product
- Analysis of technical issues and complex financial data and developing sound conclusions
- The design and implementation of medium to large projects
- Problem identification and resolutions techniques
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analyze complex financial data
- Develop and implement new financial analytical and reporting systems
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment
- Prepare and present written and oral reports
- Strong organizational, planning, time management and administrative skills demonstrated through work experience.
- Strong communication skills in order to present complex information in a clear and understandable manner.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- D eveloping automated forecasts and budgets
- The design and implementation of complex corporate/finance projects including preparing cost justification, proposals and risk assessments
- Preparing business plans, proposals and cost benefit analysis for long range strategic plans/initiatives
- P repare an in-depth analysis of statistical and financial data compared with peers, industry, corporate targets and history
- Analysis of product profitability, pricing and other complex mathematical analysis
- Developing/implementing business simulation/models
Auto Club Trust
- Partnering with business unit leaders and other stakeholders to provide reporting and analytics to enhance efficiencies, identify potential challenges and develop potential solutions, ensure accuracy, and gauge performance of less experienced analysts
- D eveloping, implementing and supporting finance/business projects including cost justification, proposals and performance models to quantify risk for the businesses supported
- Developing reporting and analytical models for loan performance including: delinquency, prepayment speed (CPR), product pricing, specifically auto and mortgage loans, secondary mortgage pricing and net interest margin calculations
- Reporting, analytics and modeling related to residential lending, including mortgage and home equity industries
- Reporting, analytics and modeling related to auto lending
- Supporting compliance related tasks and regulatory exams
- Supporting annual financial statements
- supporting internal audit reporting needs
- supporting external audit reporting needs
- Strong understanding of Home Finance Products (Mortgage & Home Equity) and credit risk profile performance characteristics
- Advanced skills in T-SQL and R for developing and maintaining complex models, analytics and dashboards
- PeopleSoft applications
- Business Analytics reporting tool or similar
- Mortgage and home equity knowledge to provide value-added analysis to internal/external clients related to product, pricing, default, loss mitigation, and/or contact strategies
- Consumer loan (specifically auto loans) knowledge to provide value-added analysis to internal/external clients related to product, pricing, default, loss mitigation, and/or contract strategies
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint including dashboard creation, charts, tables, advanced functions, automated report creation, and database creation and reporting
- Documenting policies, procedures and processes
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Deterministic modeling and scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Risk assessment and measurement
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top