Retail Home Loan Originator Job in St Petersburg, FL | Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Serve as a Bank and home lending representative within a call center or company insurance, travel and membership branches. Originate new residential mortgage loans and home equity business and sell ACT/Bank home loan products to meet established loan quality and production goals. Respond and contact prospective clients to originate loans and solicit new business and retain existing business. Respond to customer inquiries and referrals within a Call Center environment that are generated from AAA marketing and from other AAA Bank business channels. The Retail Home Loan Originator may also develop, identify and maintain a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. Promote and cross-sell AAA Bank and non-bank products and services as applicable.
Ensure exceptional customer service by responding to customer inquiries and communication protocols within established SLAs, maintaining a thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements.
Note: This position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 for Federal Charter organizations and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or a related fields
- Four years progressive financial experience with three years of mortgage experience
- Experience with loan origination systems, with an emphasis on Encompass.
Familiarity with Encompass software
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment. Willingness and ability to assist customers and work irregular hours, weekend and holidays. Some travel is required to allow outside sales activity with exposure to road hazards and temperature extremes.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of residential mortgage loan origination or related mortgage experience
- home lenders/originators or residential mortgage process and operations
- internal and/or external prospecting, generating leads and closing business
- utilizing laptop technology including accessing rate, credit and loan status information
Knowledge and Skills:
- various loan programs such as Agency conforming, VA, FHA, Heloc
- mortgage origination and customer service processes
- mortgage processing, underwriting and closing procedures
- conventional, portfolio and government lending guidelines
- federal and state specific regulations governing real estate lending
- analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives
- understand MS applications and database management
- develop and adhere to mortgage loan processing procedures
- organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- qualify for NMLS license/registration
- effectively establish and manage a large mortgage loan pipeline
- maintain compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act and all related
- demonstration excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top