Real Estate Financial Planning and Reporting Analyst
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Provides expert financial advice, guidance and counsel supporting business objectives and decisions. Researches, evaluates and interprets financial data using advanced and emerging financial techniques and tools. Responsible for providing consulting services to internal customers through participation on projects or corporate initiatives. Acts as the primary liaison with assigned business project teams to ensure successful achievement of project objectives and goals. Develops, designs, tests and documents system changes or upgrades. Coordinates with various departments in preparation for services provided by external organizations (i.e. bench marking, exams, audits, etc).
In addition to the primary duties and responsibilities above, post for the specific department noted below:
Responsible for developing and maintaining internal control documentation, including narratives, flowcharts and risk matrixes; assessment of controls; developing executing, and documenting internal control test plans; recommending and verifying implementation of control gap remediation plans; and reporting conclusions regarding the effectiveness of the Company's internal controls over financial reporting.
Financial Planning and Analysis
Leads, facilitates and monitors the financial segment of large complex projects/and department initiatives. Acts as the primary liaison with assigned business partners to ensure successful achievement of objectives and goals. Conducts research activities to determine and communicate financial implications resulting from reorganization, benchmark comparisons, reporting entity changes and merger/acquisitions.
Conducts research activities to determine and communicate financial implications resulting from reorganization, reporting entity changes, merger/acquisitions, and new accounting/reporting pronouncements. Ensures necessary modifications are incorporated into the financial reporting process.
The Auto Club Trust
Responsible for performance analysis, operational reporting, and business unit support including secondary marketing pricing, credit risk analysis, loan loss reserve and compliance reporting and analysis (regulatory exams, Holding company exams, internal audit requests, etc.). Analyses all external bank regulatory reports to identify issues and needed corrections prior to submission. Provides oversight to accounting system set up and maintenance that interfaces with the general ledger. Prepares business plans, performs business analytics to develop recommendations for management review and support management on the implementation of changes needed to resolve discrepancies.
Enterprise Risk Management
Manages key aspects of the overall ERM process. Manages and take responsibility for bank subsidiary specific ERM program. Performs ERM based interviews, surveys, risk assessments and risk analyses. Monitors risk exposure at various levels of the enterprise. Establishes, documents, creates and edits policies, procedures and reference materials. Prepares reports for the Board and Senior Managements. Presents ERM-related materials to Senior Management and other employee groups. Develops, plans and performs stress testing. Supports the Economics Capital Modeling process. Assists with regulatory filings such as the NAIC ORSA. Develops and reports on risk-based analytics. Creates complex ad hoc MS Excel and/or Access models to support analytics, stress testing, reporting and risk assessment.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics.
Experience: For All Positions
- equivalent to a senior position within Finance/Accounting or other related fields
- developing complex financial models using macros and other advanced spreadsheet applications (i.e. EXCEL) and experience using other software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- providing oversight to less senior employees in the quality of work product
- analysis of technical issues and complex financial data and developing sound conclusions
- the design and implementation of medium to large projects
- problem identification and resolutions techniques
Knowledge and Skills: For All Positions
- analyze complex financial data
- develop and implement new financial analytical and reporting systems
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment
- prepare and present written and oral reports
- Strong organizational, planning, time management and administrative skills demonstrated through work experience.
- Strong communication skills in order to present complex information in a clear and understandable manner.
Auto Club Trust
- partnering with business unit leaders and other stakeholders to provide reporting and analytics to enhance efficiencies, identify potential challenges, ensure accuracy, and gauge performance
- developing, implementing and supporting finance/business projects including cost justification, proposals and performance models to quantify risk for the businesses supported
- developing reporting and analytical models for loan performance including: delinquency, prepayment speed (CPR), loan loss reserves, secondary mortgage pricing and net interest margin calculations
- reporting, analytics and modeling related to residential lending, including mortgage and home equity industries
- reserve interface process set up
- supporting Holding company exam
- supporting compliance related tasks and regulatory exams
- strong understanding of Home Finance Products (Mortgage & Home Equity) and credit risk profile performance characteristics
- advanced skills in T-SQL for developing and maintaining complex models, analytics and dashboards
- PeopleSoft applications
- mortgage and home equity knowledge to provide value-added analysis to internal/external clients related to product, default, loss mitigation, and/or contact strategies preferred
- proficient in Excel, Access and PowerPoint including dashboard creation, charts, tables, advanced functions, automated report creation, and database creation and reporting
Preferred Qualifications (Management determines preferred requirements at time of posting):
- Significant experience with SAS, or R
- 3 years of real estate loan experience
- Real Estate product pricing experience
- Direct Lending experience (a plus)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Significant experience with SAS or R
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment
- The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
- The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
Field Manager V
Cynthia oversees the day-to-day operations of an Ann Arbor Auto Club Group office, streamlining processes, interacting with members, and managing the sales of products and services.
Back to top