Property Claim Representative (Inside)
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
The homeowner Claim Representative will be responsible for investigating coverage, drafting complex letters and reports, reviewing complex homeowner damage repair estimates and working with various vendors to adjust losses.
The homeowner Claim Representative must maintain strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and have the ability to perform successfully in a high volume environment. The candidate must possess a strong knowledge base of first-party Homeowner coverage interpretation, construction techniques and damage estimation. The ability to communicate with contractors, public adjusters and attorneys is vital to this position.
The position will be located in our North Tampa corporate office through mid-2018 after which the position will be based out of our new state of art building now under construction located off Waters Ave / Veterans Parkway.
- 3 years investigating first-party homeowner claims. Strong preference will be given to those candidates that possess prior experience working directly for a well-established insurer.
- Detailed understanding of homeowner construction techniques and repair processes.
- Working knowledge of Xactimate estimating platform.
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
A current 620 or 520 license
Experience as a Claim Representative, a Public or Private Investigator, or equivalent or a minimum of one year experience as a Claim Associate within identified area (e.g. casualty, auto physical damage, homeowners)
Experience in the investigation, evaluation and settlement of claims to include:
- Auto no-fault claims including automobile market evaluations and the preparation of auto repair estimates
- Auto PIP/BI
- Homeowner medical and BI
- Boat owner medical and BI
- Homeowner property claims
- Subrogation claims
Experience to include:
- Evaluating construction repairs for quality and compliance with repair estimates
- Third party collections
- Complex claim investigations
- Negotiation of claim settlements
Investigation experience to include:
- Securing and evaluating evidence
- Determining the existence of possible criminal actions
- Assisting in the preparation of court proceedings
Knowledge to include:
- Negligence law
- No-fault law
- Essential insurance act
- The fair trade practices act as they relate to claims
- Auto construction and repair techniques
- Medical terminology and human anatomy
- Building construction and repair techniques
- Criminal law
- Court procedures
- Subrogation procedures and processes
- Intercompany arbitration
Demonstrated skill in:
- Organization and planning
- Analyzing and problem solving
- Written communications to include record keeping and report preparation
- Use automated processing and computer systems, including basic PC software skills
- Effectively respond to questions/concerns
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment, with the public, law enforcement personnel and vendors
- Develop and conduct training programs on fraud detection in all lines of coverage
- Provide technical expertise to Claims department on suspected insurance fraud
- Process time sensitive data and information from multiple sources
- Make decisions based on data
- Communicate decisions to a broad audience
- Research analyze and interpret subrogation laws in various states
- Prioritize work
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines
Willingness to travel outside of assigned territory which may involve overnight stay
Willingness to work evenings or Saturdays
Valid State Driver's License
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top