Product Manager I
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Provides support in the strategic positioning of Auto Club Group (ACG) products and services in order to meet member needs, build company revenues and meet corporate objectives within assigned region (s). Coordinates the development, implementation and administration of programs and policies for specific property/casualty (P&C) insurance lines underwritten by ACIA and affiliates. Assists management in reaching targeted goals for product premium volume growth and profit and loss results within assigned region/state. Works with other product managers to ensure alignment and the successful development of the entire product line for ACG. Identifies, forecasts, integrates and communicates market trends to develop pricing structures and rate revisions for assigned region (s).
Provides recommendations to senior management regarding new/revised Property & Casualty products and programs. Assists with filings for state insurance departments. develops and maintains required manuals and materials in support of pricing and policy revisions for the product management team. Participates in the development of marketing and sales programs for ACG personal lines products. Provides high level analysis of information regarding competitors, product performance and general insurance and market issues. May act as a company representative in the interaction with independent insurance agents, vendors, insurers, trade associations, insurance bureaus, government agencies, etc. Participates in the department process related to the selection, hiring, training, development, coaching, review and counseling of assigned staff.
Master degree or higher in a technical or quantitative field (engineering, finance, math, business, marketing, etc.) Or professional insurance designation (fcas, cpcu, etc.)
- Product management in an insurance, financial services or related business environment
- Property/casualty or *commercial business environment
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Bachelor's degree in business administration, liberal arts or other field of study.
Experience to include one or more of the following:
- Market planning including the development of annual objectives, strategies and programs for defined business segments
- Managing rate revisions including planning and implementing product/pricing changes
- Researching, developing or enhancing property/casualty or *commercial insurance products
- Pricing new/current property/casualty or *commercial insurance products
Demonstrated skills in/with:
- Leading a technical/professional staff
- Coordinating department activities
- Organization, planning and budgeting
- Analyzing, problem solving and decision making
- Development and coordination of projects
- Current property/casualty or *commercial insurance programs and products, underwriting rules and requirements, forms and processing procedures
- Regulations, policies and procedures of various regulatory agencies
- Marketing and research concepts and techniques
- Reinsurance principles
- Financial principles
- Recommend new casualty or *commercial insurance products to meet market needs
- Represent the auto club group (acg) in interactions with trade associations, insurance bureaus, government agencies and other insurance companies
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public
- Manage and conduct in-depth qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market and property/casualty or *commercial insurance products
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top