Product Development Analyst
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Researches and performs quantitative/qualitative analysis on existing and emerging insurance markets, products and competitors. Develops new property/casualty insurance product lines in response to analysis. Analyzes and refines existing property/casualty insurance products to enhance the Auto Club Group's (ACG) market competitiveness and address business/market issues. Develops and implements property/casualty insurance programs, standards and procedures. Participates in the implementation of new products, programs, standards or procedures. Supports Property/casualty insurance training programs. Provides support to project teams.
Analyzes industry legislation and keeps current on new trends and developments that affect property/casualty insurance products/programs. Researches, develops and reviews insurance related communications, bulletins and memos for corporate/field sales personnel.
CPCU, IIA, LOMA or other insurance-related coursework.
Experience in developing/enhancing personal lines property/casualty products, including policy contract language work
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or an insurance specific field or:
College level coursework and experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Researching and developing new property/casualty insurance products
- Developing property/casualty insurance programs, standards, and procedures
- Pricing new/current property/casualty insurance products
- Adjusting personal lines property/casualty claims
- Underwriting property/casualty insurance products
- Marketing or sales of property/casualty insurance products
- Property/casualty insurance policy forms and language for major and specialty personal lines products
- Regulations, policies and procedures of various state insurance regulatory agencies
- The role of other departments involved in program development and implementation
- Reinsurance principles
- ISO or similar rating bureau system
- PC software applications
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment
- Deliver oral and written presentations to other departments
- Represent the department on inter-departmental teams
- Analyze current products to revise/develop new property and casualty and membership insurance related programs
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative market research
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top