Pricing & Product Development Technician Job in Auburn Hills, MI | Auto Club Group
- Auburn Hills, MI
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Gathers, updates, organizes, analyzes, presents and disseminates data in support of product analysis and reporting responsibilities for internal and external requirements. Completes independent research, recommends actions and implements solutions regarding various state insurance bureaus directives and/or AAA National guidelines and standards or AAA membership programs. Completes independent research on competitor activities and other club/insurance related topics and presents analytical results and recommendations to management. Maintains production vendor/user systems and documentation for system and statistical reporting, and represents the department in meetings and on project teams.
Serves as a liaison to other business areas in safeguarding product data quality and integrity and develops updates and maintains systems to meet internal and external reporting standards. Analyzes and assesses the impact of changes in other business area procedures and/or systems on data and reporting requirements and product features and structures. Analyzes requirements and develops appropriate systems specifications. Assists management and senior staff in the development of program documentation, flow charts, diagrams and record layouts and works with centralized testing and systems to ensure quality standards are met. May provide oversight and coordination in the development and distribution of multiple forms of communication and/or proof, edit and update various business line materials/brochures, etc.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing or related field
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment.
State Filing & Statistical Reporting, Pricing & Research and IPM Business Support
- Balancing, reviewing and monitoring systems and reports.
- Documenting internal processes
- Analyzing requests for information to determine required data
- Analyzing and solving business problems
- Interfacing with technical/business staff/partners(Claims, Underwriting, Pricing and Product Development, etc.) to develop reporting, balancing, or controls for internal department processes
- Software applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Access, etc.)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty insurance to include Auto Club Group (ACG) business area processes and procedures and/or industry practices
- Product manuals/policy forms/contracts
- Excellent written and oral communication and editing skills to include preparation of proposals, reports, presentations, technical writing (writing sample may be required at time of interview).
- Planning, organizing, gathering, analyzing, and converting data from numerous sources to satisfy reporting requirements and meet deadlines.
- Analyzing rate revisions and product changes in assigned lines of business.
- Performing analysis of automated/manual systems and processes
- Analyzing insurance process impacts on reporting requirements
- Analyzing, developing and implementing new products and services
- Reaching out to internal contacts to gather data, respond to inquiries and research requests
Experience (for IPM Business Support):
- Performing updates of tables within IPM and other insurance systems (Auto, Home, Pup, etc.)
- Performing validation and testing to ensure system generation matches specifications and requirements
- Administering the sir migration process for ACG Auto, Home, Pup changes for all departments (e.g. Sales, Claims, Finance, Underwriting and P&PD)
- Performing detailed analysis of address geo coding for the proper assignment of rate zones (e.g. MN assessment based on county boundaries, Kentucky Tax updates, etc.)
- Developing vendor/print requirements and performing testing on IPM and other insurance/vendor systems
- Interfacing with technical staff on the implementation of system structural changes and defect fixes/corrections (e.g. CVED, Surcharge, PCI, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication and editing skills to include preparation of proposals, reports, presentations, technical writing (writing sample may be required at time of interview) and proofing of communications.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top