Membership Service Representative - Inbound Call Center
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
- Training will begin on 9/11/17 - Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply*
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Under general supervision, receives, responds and handles incoming telephone calls (In the near future this will include Click-to-Chat) from members in a professional, friendly and courteous manner. Utilize Selling skills to build the Member relationship/experience while maximizing information and sales opportunities.
Through consultation cross sells appropriate club products using expertise, listening skills, member information, job and product knowledge and the next best opportunity platform to maximize sales.
Consistently demonstrates positive service attitude to members by accurately and courteously explaining policies and procedures.
- Handle, resolve and process all membership enquiries through first call resolution including billing, renewal, upgrades, payments, information changes, duplicate cards, processing payments etc. Fulfilling and closing promotional information and publications such as new membership packets, magazines, emblems, SYC&S information etc.
- Sell new memberships, upgrades whenever possible to increase base growth. Act as primary contact for membership sales through Infomercials, retail cards, direct mailings and promotions.
- Maximize all NBO opportunities – account maintenance, sales, lead management, warn transfer skills etc. through transition and closing skills.
- Assist members through consultation giving verbal and written email information including but not limited to – directions, attractions, hotels, State parks, other areas of interest, weather conditions, road closures, member information, show your card and save program. Complete Triptik requests; assist in auto vacation planning etc.
- Receive and process Emergency Road Service calls as needed and during disaster situations. Carries out the duties as outlined in the ERS RAS position description.
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience in call center environment.
Works in a temperature controlled office environment. Must work non-standard hours, such as nights, weekends, split shifts, holidays, on an as-needed basis; shifts may be flexible as assigned. (Center open 365 days).
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must qualify, obtain, and maintain all applicable state licenses required for selling and/or servicing Auto Club Group products
- Prior experience in a customer servicing and relationship position.
- Must be comfortable with meeting both customer service and sales goals and expectations
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic computer knowledge and skills.
- Must have excellent communications skills and good customer service skills with the ability to set personal goals based on job requirements and be team oriented.
- Must have soft sell skills and be able to multi-task.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top