Member Representative I
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Provides support services to members including greeting, servicing and selling travel and membership products (car, hotel, basic tour packages, etc.), generating leads, updating members on travel and insurance specials and providing travel information including triptiks, tour books, maps, etc. Responds to customer inquiries and refers to senior staff or agent when appropriate. Provides cashiering services to members including taking insurance payments (installment, lapse or reinstatement), travel and membership payments, sale of tickets and travel money products, processing remittance/depository transfers and balancing cash drawer.
Promotes Auto Club Group products and services following established guidelines. Participates in a team environment to promote customer satisfaction and consistent service following the customer service model. Receives and resolves member/customer complaints and seeks assistance from management in complaint resolution when appropriate. Participates in office events developed to generate revenue, improve member awareness of products and support local community activities. Provides administrative support to the travel and/or insurance sales staff during peak periods.
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- Successful completion of Customer Service, Club, Travel and Payment Processing training within 6 months of hire
- Attain the appropriate State Property & Casualty license within 60 days of hire
- May be required to attain and maintain state membership licenses as appropriate by department
- Working in a customer focused environment
- Providing customer focused service and timely solutions to problems
- Word software application
- Taking personal responsibility in seeking solutions to problems
- Multi-tasking and appropriately prioritizing tasks to ensure meeting office customer service goals
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic mathematical calculations to accurately perform monetary transactions
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with others in a work environment
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Exceed member expectations relating to professionalism of demeanor, efficient and effective customer service (on phone or in person) and maintenance of workstation and office facility
- Work under pressure in a high volume, fast paced customer service environment
- Work irregular hours including holidays and weekends (may include community events)
Ability to learn the following:
- Promoting the sales of insurance, travel, club and membership products and services
- Office cash procedures as they relate to membership, travel and insurance payments; on-line cash register operating procedures and payments for Auto Club Group (ACG) products and PPS. Balancing and daily remittance procedures.
- Technology related to travel (e.g. Focal Point, View Point, ITT, AXIS, etc.), insurance sales (i.e. POS, IMS, IPM) and membership systems
- Excel software application
- Conduct outbound promotional calls for insurance and/or travel
- Use only in limited circumstances approved by Field AVP/Director
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top