Meemic - Customer Sales & Service Representative
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
This position begins training on July 31, 2015. The schedule for training will be Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 5:30pm for up to 16 weeks and may include an occasional Saturday.
Once training has been completed, you will begin working your regular schedule. The schedules that we are hiring for are a mix of afternoon/evening shifts and will include some Saturdays and holidays.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Provides a high level of customer-focused sales in a high volume, fast paced call center environment, using PC, Internet and ACD phone technology. Provides advanced technical and product information in response to customer questions and/or problems in accordance with corporate policies and procedures. Explains product features and Auto Club Group Insurance Agency service advantages to existing and potential customers for the purpose of promoting and selling the various membership and insurance products in order to achieve sales production goals. Recognizes and promotes cross-sales opportunities within the context of servicing a change to an existing customer's policy. Provides price quotes on all insurance products which factor in all applicable rules (Underwriting, Business, etc.) and discounts in an effort to complete the sale. Rewrites and reinstates insurance policies according to underwriting and business rules. Completes membership and insurance applications, endorsements and change forms (e.g. address change, etc.) as necessary. Accepts payments at point of sale. Makes outbound follow-up calls to customers in response to questions or complaints.
Provides efficient processing of customer policies, endorsements, and status and coverage changes. Assists agents in resolving technical and business related issues. May assist other customer interaction centers (e.g. emergency road service, claims, membership, travel, etc.) In servicing members and/or customers when necessary to ensure quality service goals are met.
- Possession of current property, casualty insurance sales license for appropriate state.
- College level coursework, certification or equivalent (i.e., continuous learning).
- Customer service environment(s)
- Call center environment(s).
- Windows and non windows based environments.
- Preparation of rate quotations
- Investigation and resolution of sales related problems.
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Must obtain all appropriate state property and casualty insurance sales licenses within 60 days from the start of licensing coursework
- Providing a high level of customer focused service
- Competently entering information on various screens using a pc keyboard
- Navigating through a PC windows environment, including accessing information from multiple applications.
- Managing and navigating multiple sources of information and applying as needed
- Successfully complete appropriate training relative to all The Auto Club Group (TACG) products and services
- Attain and maintains any property, casualty, life and health insurance sales license for any ACGIA member state as appropriate
- Achieve insurance and membership sales goals and other performance expectations as defined by management
- Work with minimal supervision
- Provide direct customer oriented service in a call center environment
- Work within a team environment
- Promote the sale of all ACGIA insurance and membership products
- Present complex information in a clear, concise manner
- Maintain accurate records
- Read, comprehend and communicate clearly and concisely in the work environment and with the public (e.g., explain instructions, rules and procedures)
Willingness and ability to work extended/irregular hours to include weekends/holidays.
Strong written and oral communication skills
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top