Marketing Planning & Program Specialist II
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Responsible for overseeing the management & execution of all marketing programs and projects that support Membership and Regional and Local Marketing efforts across our footprint to meet business unit objectives and goals.
Schedules, traffics and monitors multiple, concurrent marketing projects across marketing channels from initiation through implementation to ensure program goals & deadlines are met on time and within budget. Documents projects status utilizing our Workamajig project tracking software program.
Identify and coordinate project team roles and responsibilities to ensure adherence to project schedule. May analyze creative output, research production techniques and write specifications for print projects. Obtains timely approvals from key reviewers, and our Legal and Regulatory Compliance depts. to ensure compliance with applicable marketing related laws, regulations, company policies and guidelines.
Receives and check files prior to transmission to suppliers. Coordinates file release with internal advertising contact or external sources as needed.
Participates in the development & implementation of marketing processes and projects as requested. Understands, documents, coordinates and improves processes relevant to scope of work. Assists in managing expenses to budget as requested.
Develops and maintains effective working relationships with internal partner work groups (e.g., Creative, Channel owners, Marketing planners, Procurement) and vendors, as appropriate, within a diverse product, cross-functional environment.
Maintains and applies current marketing knowledge for assigned area(s) of expertise.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration
- 3-4 years of previous coordination, marketing and production experience
- Project management/trafficking software programs
Marketing experience in a multiple, diverse product environment.
- Analyzing and coordinating print production projects
- Compiling cost estimates and budgets for proposed projects
- Communicating & negotiating with outside vendors/suppliers
- Account executive experience in an advertising agency
- Pre-press production activities (e.g. various proofing systems, paper stocks, bindery, etc.)
- Desktop publishing tools, including Macintosh platform (Adobe programs, Photoshop); PC platform (MS Word, Excel and Acrobat); PDF and file preparation for pre-press & digital activities
- Advertising agency workflow and methodology
- Advertising and collateral design and concept development
- Corporate identity standards
- Project management software programs
- ACG supply chain management procedures
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
College-level coursework in Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration or a related field.
- Developing/implementing effective marketing plans, advertising and promotional programs
- Developing and maintaining effective client relationships
- Leading planning meetings with management and business line staff
- Effective project management of multiple, concurrent small to large-scale projects
- Prioritizing and managing multiple, diverse projects in a fast-paced environment
- Preparing and presenting marketing proposals
- Analyzing, summarizing and communicating marketing results, trends and recommendations
- Marketing and advertising principles and applications
- Cross channel marketing concepts and tactics
- Marketing research and statistics as they relate to marketing efforts (e.g., basic market segmentation)
- Budget planning and monitoring as it relates to marketing projects and programs
- Marketing related laws and regulations
- Project scheduling and tracking
- Working effectively in a cross-functional environment
- Multi-tasking on multiple, concurrent projects
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Microsoft office skills
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top