Manager, IT Audit
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Manage the development and execution of a comprehensive annual IT audit plan based on risk assessment, corporate goals and objectives, regulatory requirements, Audit Committee fiduciary needs, and professional auditing standards. Identify and audit IT systems and processes wherein potential control weaknesses, fraud, errors, waste, abuse, or other conditions pose excessive risk to the organization or impair corporate performance. Establish audit time budgets, target dates and staffing to achieve audit objectives.
- Ensure IT audits address the company's most significant objectives and risks.
- Assign, oversee and provide 'hands on' support for each IT audit. Perform audits, if needed.
- Review work-papers to ensure audit findings are adequately supported and documented.
- Direct and review the preparation of IT audit reports and recommendations.
- Present or participate in the presentation of IT audit reports and recommendations to all levels of management.
- Execute special projects or consultative reviews to support management requests.
- Oversee IT support for the Internal Audit department.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the external auditors; coordinate and oversee the on-time completion of audit work required by the external auditors.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with IT and corporate management. Promote organizational confidence in the value, integrity, and credibility of Internal Audit.
- Ensure timely and accurate updates of actual and budgeted project hours in monthly status report and weekly time tracking system.
- Assess staff performance and provide timely feedbacks and formal evaluations.
- Provide guidance, training, mentoring and motivation to develop team members.
- Address staff performance issues through coaching and counseling.
- Interview and recommend the hiring of IT audit personnel.
- Participate in or oversee team member participation in various corporate projects to ensure that proper controls are built into new IT programs, procedures or systems.
- Develop and maintain IT audit team policies and procedures based on process improvements, changes within the profession, regulatory changes, etc.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
Direct supervision of a professional staff of IT auditors.
- Knowledge of the Auto Club Group operations, products and services.
- Financial Services (banking and insurance) industry background.
- "Big Four" accounting firm experience.
- Work experience in an information systems department.
- IT security department work experience and/or certification.
- Supervisory or management experience.
- Master's degree in computer science, business, finance, accounting or related field.
- Experience with audit software, such as ACL.
Works in a temperature-controlled environment.
Limited out-of-town travel (< 20%).
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, accounting, business administration, finance or a closely related field.
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or equivalent designation.
- Minimum of five years of experience in auditing, as a Senior Auditor or above (external or internal).
- Extensive experience performing IT audits, risk assessments, and internal control evaluations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A thorough understanding of IT security, control standards and processes.
- Knowledge of system development process controls, including project management practices.
- Significant experience in IT auditing.
- Ability to operate with autonomy while leading and developing an audit team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation and diplomatic skills.
- Strong client focus and relationship skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to motivate subordinates to achieve a high level of work quality and productivity.
- Outstanding project and time management skills, including ability to manage several audits or projects simultaneously.
- Highly proficient computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top