Manager, Insurance Business Support
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Manage large complex/multiple projects in the P&PD department. Manage the planning, designing, development, implementation and/or support of complex mainframe and/or distributed information systems or corporate projects. Coordinate project activities and resources with other company initiatives. Coordinate and define technical/business requirements needed to complete project objectives and translates requirements to detailed specifications including budgetary projections. Ensure functional, business and/or technical design supports project/customer requirements and complies with Auto Club Group technology plan and existing architecture and/or defined corporate business standards.
Serve as a leader within the Pricing and Product Development team. Provide direction to project team personnel, contract personnel and/or consultants as needed. Provide guidance and training to team members and identifies opportunities to improve team performance and effectiveness. Provide guidance to project team leaders/members in defining measurements and measurement tools to track the achievement of project objectives. Assist Project/Program/Portfolio Directors and Managers in ensuring systems and/or business plans are developed and documented in accordance with quality control standards.
Prepare project status reports and variance analysis to ensure project remains on schedule and within budget. Evaluate project's success at completion of project based on achievement of benefits and value proposition assessment. Define personnel in the development of project charters, value propositions, risk action plans, work plans and estimates for large complex projects and serves as a subject matter expert and consultant to mentor/coach team leaders in the use of project management concepts, tools and techniques.
Work with ACG Procurement & Purchasing to negotiate services contracts with outside vendors and manage vendor relationships. Manage vendor services which include: document printing, assembling and mailing; off-site records management; warehouse services (inventory levels for stock); interoffice mail at across the company footprint; reprographics.
Manage the rate revision process to include: the creation and loading of table within various insurance systems (IPM, etc.); testing rate revisions; oversight for production change control and implementations scheduling with the Information Systems department.
Manage activities related to document development within company approved systems (Exstream). Document development activities include: creating templates for full P&C Line documents; developing and testing template updates to support the tiered Auto/Home & Pup enhancements; creating and editing insurance/customer correspondence in ExStream
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
Participate in the process of selecting, hiring, training, development, counseling and disciplining assigned staff in accordance with corporate Human Resource policies and procedures. Manage a team of insurance professionals responsible for various providing deliverables over the span of multiple projects.
Technical experience in/with:
- IPM, Legacy experience in table updates in IPM, GDX and implementation experience/insights
- IPM/Legacy system updates and testing
- operating within the Blaze Advisor system
- mainframe, distributed system and/or Web based design, development and implementation
- understanding and using programming languages
- operating systems – CICS/IMS (Mainframe Legacy and IPM green screen insight and experience).
- identifying and addressing enterprise-wide system planning issues
- working with the Information Technology Department to troubleshoot and fix defects related to production support issues
Managerial experience to include:
- Staffing of professional and administrative staff
- Personnel policy interpretation/administration
Knowledge and Skills:
- Mainframe, distributed system and/or web-based systems
- OpenText ExStream system for document development
- development of user requirements, testing and systems analysis
- systems operation practices and methodologies
- tools and products used in structured systems development
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or a related field-OR- equivalent project leadership/management experience.
- project planning and management (methods, tools and techniques)
- coordinating, and leading large technology and/or business project teams
- evaluating a complex system and/or business process and understanding the interdependencies between components
- evaluating state-of-the-art hardware and software products
- preparing business plans and proposals for long range strategic initiatives/strategic plans
- performing a variety of high level management consulting activities
- conducting cost/benefit analysis
- staffing, coordinating, and leading large technology and/or business project teams
- reviewing total quality processes and quality problem solving tools
- developing and negotiating contracts with vendors by working with Procurement & Purchasing partners.
Knowledge and Skills:
- support and translate company and department goals into ongoing work efforts
- lead and direct projects in a matrix organization
- effectively motivate team members to achieve high quality results
- oversee a variety of concurrent activities
- communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively about complex technical, or sensitive topics
- create a team oriented approach to project delivery with various activities
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top