Manager, Independent Travel Agent Sales
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Responsible for the development and implementation of the Independent Travel Agent program, including researching new tools and technology to move the business, increasing travel sales, revenue and profits. Directs, coordinates and participates in marketing plans, promoting Travel services and developing sales strategies that support ACG initiatives. Implements plans to develop, motivate, and lead Independent Travel Agents to achieve high results and exceed travel department goals while maintaining ongoing, positive relationships with our customers.
- Develop strategies to achieve sales goal of the team
- Recruit and develop new Independent Travel Agents / including onboarding and exit
- Develop digital and print marketing ads, networking and presentations (should have a growth goal)
- Develop and oversee training program (virtual and in person)
- Work directly with underperforming Independent Travel Agents and recommend action
- Weekly communication of all offers, trainings, (webinar), member focus, etc.
- Organize group luncheons/meetings/trainings with vendors in various territories
- Provide sales analysis reports and suggestions to maximize revenue for both ACG and Independent Travel Agents
- IC Support
- Develop and implement communications plan
- Offer advice and training for group development
- Works with Field Management/Regional Directors on problem resolution and errors and omissions.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
Directly manages Independent Travel Agent Support Specialist in addition to leading force of 50 Independent Travel Agents dispersed throughout the footprint.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Travel and Tourism, Communications or a related field
- Prior experience in the development and management of an independent contractor program
- Certified Travel Counselor designation
Works primarily in a temperature controlled office environment. Varying amounts of travel required with occasional extended or overnight stays and out-of-state travel required.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
- High school diploma required
- Valid driver's license required
- Previous experience in all phases of leisure travel agency sales and operations.
- Experience with budgeting, customer service, sales and people leadership and management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have demonstrated sales and marketing abilities
- Knowledge of travel industry and standards
- Identify strengths and weaknesses and model skills needed to facilitate corrective action in various areas including product knowledge, prospecting, professionalism, closing techniques, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to motivate and develop others as a team for success
- Ability to identify trends and implement appropriate course of action, acting as a change management agent
- Interpret reports and utilize tools to increase Travel Agent' performance
- Translate corporate goals into individual work plans
- Strong PC knowledge that includes word processing and spreadsheets.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top