Manager, Home Loan Operations
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Manage mortgage operations and underwrite various types of secondary market loans. Serve as the department administrator of the loan operating system and supervise the loan support and processing team. Closely work with management on training and implementation of operational and loan product initiatives. Develop and provide input into operational initiatives, benchmarks and metrics to meet department objectives. Serve as the subject matter expert in mortgage operations and maintains a strong working knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA and USDA guidelines and specific investor overlays.. Responsible for reviewing, analyzing and auditing mortgage loans for accuracy following company guidelines.. Analyze cash flow and financial condition of the borrower (i.e.; financial statements, credit reports, applicable rations, etc.) to assist in making appropriate decisions.
Utilize manual and automated underwriting methods to determine appropriate course of action. Review property appraisals to ensure they meet all secondary market guidelines (i.e. Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA and USDA. Ensure integrity of all state and federal regulations affecting the underwriting and issuance of mortgage credit to borrowers. Approve loans up to lending authority and reviews and signs off secondary market loan denials. Develop and maintain department procedures related to processing mortgage loans.
Underwriting certifications from HUD and VA
- Underwrite Conventional, FHA, VA and USDA portfolio loans
- Management of mortgage loan origination and sale program
- Direct Endorsement certification
Works in a temperature controlled office environment
Ability to work flexible hours
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college preferred.
Extensive experience in underwriting of all types of loans in the secondary market.
Strong math skills to support complex analytical work
Extensive experience in/with:
- Residential mortgage lending of first mortgages sold on the secondary market.
- Conventional, FHA, VA and USDA loans
- processing "in-house" first and second mortgage loans as well as HELOC's
- creation of mortgage loan processing procedures
- resolution of title and other underwriting issues
- analysis of technical issues and complex data to develop sound conclusions
- PC software applications including Word and Excel
- Automated Underwriting and Loan Origination Systems
- mortgage loan products, services, pricing, tax and regulatory issues
- FCRA, ECOA and other federal/state regulations regarding the extension of credit
- assist with the development, implementation and modification of a business plan allowing for the origination and sale of first mortgage loans in the secondary market
- display sound negotiation skills and good business judgment when working with applicant and outside lien holders to clear underwriting and title issues
- develop and adhere to mortgage loan processing procedures
- provide direction to and/or assist in the development/training of support/processing staff
- work effectively with applicants, appraisal/title vendors and other lien holder to resolve underwriting issues.
Communicate effectively with Chief Lending Officer, Loan Officers, co-workers, applicants, vendors and other lenders
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top