Manager Fleet Operations II Job in Grand Rapids, MI | Auto Club Group
- Grand Rapids, MI
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages towing operations of the largest fleets on a twenty-four (24) hour basis to ensure prompt, efficient and courteous towing, recovery and emergency road service to all eligible customers, clients, AAA and affiliated Club members. Supervises daily activities of a large team of fleet supervisors, dispatchers and drivers to ensure the timely completion of tasks. Increases revenue by servicing existing clients and expanding base of commercial towing accounts. Analyzes and resolves member complaints concerning driver performance. Investigates and mediates damage claims. Monitors equipment repair or replacement including the ordering of supplies and verifying payment for all supplies. Monitors incentive bonus programs, including compiling data and preparing reports on program performance. Updates maintenance files as regulations and rules changes to comply with Local, State & Federal requirements.
- College-level coursework or Bachelor's degree in a business related field or equivalent experience.
- Management experience
- Experience in operating towing equipment
Works in a temperature controlled office environment with exposure to slightly dirty conditions. Occasional (up to 30% of work time) exposure to temperature extremes.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Operating office equipment including telephone system, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, etc.
- Operating a personal computer
- Automotive industry and/or emergency road service
- Towing procedures
- Company products, policies and procedures
- Vehicle mechanics and equipment maintenance
- Regional geographical areas
- Decision making
- Analysis and problem solving
- Evaluating employee work performance
- Read reports
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public
- Interpret contract and bid documents
- Contract negotiation
- Operate a two-way radio/Nextel, digital dispatch system and d2000
- Work independently
- Perform basic mathematical calculations to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages
- Stand/walk in order to inspect vehicles and equipment
- Use telephone system
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
Back to top