Manager Direct Home Lending
Expecting something more from AAA? Click on the picture below to learn more about this exciting job opportunity.
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Responsible for developing and managing the loan origination activities of The Auto Club Trust ("ACT") residential Direct Home Lending ("DHL") team with a focus on producing high quality loans and providing superior customer care. Responsibilities also include: building a highly qualified staff; managing lead and loan application pipeline; prioritizing work; ensuring production goals, performance and quality standards are maintained; contributing to marketing campaigns while ensuring appropriate operating capacity to support campaigns and delivering a consistent ACT/AAA Branded customer experience. Monitor staff sales production and make recommendations to improve results.
Participate in the process of developing the Real Estate Lending line of business strategy. Define annual objectives in order to meet loan production goals as well as team goals while supporting budget requirements according to Real Estate Lending Business Plan. Establish performance and productivity standards of DHL team using call center metrics to monitor production activity, address areas of concern and ensure high quality loans and superior customer care, including escalation as warranted.
Develop and implement the Single Point of Contact model which will offer concierge service to ACT's customers seeking home financing. Serve as the subject matter expert within the Real Estate Lending line of business. Responsible for loan pricing, lock desk, investor relations, and secondary marketing activities related to loans originated for secondary market sale. May also manage investor relationships including correspondent and GSEs.
Maintain recent knowledge of and adherence to state, federal and regulatory loan origination and licensing laws, rules and regulations. Ensure that all department operation activities are within ACT's loan origination and enterprise policies, procedures, and processes.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
Participate in the department process related to the selection, hiring, training and development, coaching and counseling of assigned staff.
- 10 years residential lending experience
- Certified Mortgage Banker (CMB)
- Correspondent Lending
- Residential real estate sales/brokerage
- Residential loan servicing
- Retail Lending
- Wholesale Lending
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Maintain compliance with the SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act by registering as a Mortgage Loan Originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS); Must maintain annual registration
- 5 years residential lending experience
- 5 years management experience
- 5 years of mortgage loan origination experience
- 5 years of home equity loan origination experience
- 3 years of experience managing in a contact center or customer service environment
- setting and managing sales and service standards
- planning, organizing and implementing strategic business plans within a direct origination/call center environment
Knowledge and Skills:
- knowledge of the S.A.F.E Mortgage Licensing Act and various legal and regulatory requirements that govern mortgage origination
- demonstrate thorough understanding of the TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosure rule
- demonstrate high level analytical and presentation skills
- demonstrate strong managerial, leadership, strategic planning, organizational, communication and decision-making skills
- ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and respond to a wide variety of customer needs
- ability to drive root-cause analysis based upon customer feedback and other key metrics to determine the drivers of customer care and loan quality defects
- ability to then develop and execute a tactical response plans to resolve conflicts effectively
- demonstrate strong coaching, mentoring and training skills
- ability to work with many partners; and build strong partnerships to achieve end goal
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top