Manager, Data Science
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Provide AAA The Auto Club Group with strategic consumer information derived from analysis of internal and external data sources. Support ongoing operations with advanced analytics that enable member-centric planning, decision making, and execution. The manager will lead their team in the development, application and interpretation of insights, using data science approaches and statistical analysis to drive acquisition, retention, and revenue. This includes segmentation, propensity modeling, statistical methods, experimental techniques, etc.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Manages a team of analytics experts and ensures the appropriate allocation of resources. Leads team to build statistical models and provide complex analyses in support of organizational strategy. Mentors direct reports on best practices for efficient coding and processing of huge data sets, as well as appropriate analytical approaches for various business problems.
Develops and delivers multi-dimensional recommendations with strategic and/or bottom-line impact to senior business unit leaders.
Collaborates with Data Integration and Information Systems teams to identify new sources of relevant data that can be integrated into the customer profile.
Advises and provides assistance to mid-level through senior management in the areas of data sciences, advanced analytics and statistical modeling.
Designs and manages data science projects. Implement the results of the analysis and monitor results for effectiveness/improvements.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
Manages a team of professional data science/advanced analytics analysts at varying levels.
Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or related field
- Experience managing a high performing team of data scientists
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment. Limited travel required.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, or related Data Science field. Masters degree preferred or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
5-8 years of experience in data science and/or advanced analytics strategic analysis, including:
- 3-5 years managing direct reports
- 3-5 years of experience using tools for statistical analysis and programming (e.g., SAS, R, Python,) and querying (e.g., SQL/HIVE/SPARK).
- 3–5 years of experience utilizing statistical techniques that are commonly employed in advanced analytics, such as logistic regression, multiple linear regression, cluster analysis, principal component analysis, discriminant analysis, and decision trees (e.g., CHAID and CART).
- 2-3 years of experience in experimental design & analysis and project management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good familiarity with advanced analytics theory and practice, including the concepts of segmentation and response modeling.
- Ability to successfully communicate with Executives, Mid-Level Manager, Marketing Strategists and Business leaders to identify business problems and opportunities, design and implement the best analytics solution and communicate the results of analytics projects.
- Experience in applying advanced analytics to companies in the Motor Club, Insurance, Travel, or Financial Services industries.
- Desktop computing skills and experience using one or more: word-processing, spreadsheet and presentation software programs
- Strong knowledge of MS Office required.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top