Manager, Consumer Loan Operations
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Manage and serves as the department administrator of the consumer loan operating system and supervise loan support and processing team. Work with senior management on developing, implementing and training of operational and loan product initiatives. Develop and provide input into operational initiatives, benchmarks and metrics to meet department objectives. Serve as the subject matter expert in consumer operations and maintains a strong working knowledge of consumer guidelines and regulatory issues. Review, analyze, and audit consumer loans for accuracy following company guidelines.
Ensure integrity of all state and federal regulations affecting the issuance of consumer loans to borrowers. Develop and maintain department procedures related to processing of consumer loans. Manage the selection, hiring, training and development, coaching and review of assigned staff.
Loan Operations Associate and Loan Support Processors
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college preferred.
- management of consumer loan origination and sales program
- making decisions on documentation waivers, customer non-post/NSF items, loan policy exceptions, and loan overrides
- operations department management
- writing policies, procedures and work manuals
- BCP/Disaster recover policies and procedures
- Bank regulations and how to implement them
- build business process workflows and procedures
Works in a temperature controlled office environment. Occasional (approximately 25% of work time) travel required with exposure to road hazards and temperature extremes.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
- Consumer loans (e.g. car, personal credit, RV, motorcycle, etc.)
- working closely with vendors
- developing consumer loan processing procedures and workflow processes
- resolution of various underwriting issues
- analysis of technical issues and complex data to develop sound conclusions
- PC software applications including Word and Excel
- math skills to support complex analytical work
Knowledge and Skills:
- consumer loan products, services, pricing, tax and regulatory issues
- FCRA, ECOA and other federal/state regulations regarding the extension of credit
Strong interpersonal skills to communicate and interact with all levels of management
- assist with the development, implementation and modification of a business plan allowing for the origination and sale of consumer loans
- display sound negotiation skills and good business judgment when working with applicant to clear underwriting issues
- develop and adhere to consumer loan processing procedures
- provide direction to and/or assist in the development/training of support/processing staff
- work effectively with applicants, underwriters, appraisal/title vendors and other lien holder to resolve underwriting issues
- manage multiple tasks, priorities and department responsibilities
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top