Life Insurance Specialist
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
This position is responsible for marketing and selling life insurance and annuities offered through AAA Life Insurance Company and meeting or exceeding production requirements as determined by the Company.
Although sales is the primary function, this position also serves as the advocate or professional source for related questions or guidance to members and clients. Position promotes AAA as the expert and provider of choice for insurance and financial services.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prospecting for and marketing the various life and annuity products offered by AAA Life through ACG to members and non-members primarily via outbound telephone calls and emails to prospective clients and responding to client and member questions. Builds referral relationships with customers and other sales representative within AAA to generate interest in all products offered by AAA and ACG.
- Maintaining personal production records and entire process of a sale from application to placement with monitoring through underwriting to facilitate a timely issuance of a policy and to maintain high quality client service.
- Assists clients in completing Needs Analysis and resolving issues with their policies purchases through AAA. Works with AAA Life and brokerage carriers through the underwriting process to facilitate issuance of a policy; meeting the needs of the customer.
- Performs other duties as necessary
- Previous participation in an Insurance industry training program
- MS Office knowledge is preferred.
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
High School diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing success and stability in the life and annuity business.
- Two or more years of recent sales experience. Proof of current commission income from sales is required.
- Experience in computer quoting software and word processing, spreadsheet and e-mail applications.
- Presently hold an active life and health license (2-15 or 2-18). License must be in compliance with state Continuing Education requirements.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated to help clients and prospects achieve and maintain their financial goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation ability.
- Organized with strong time management ability.
- Ability to build a strong customer base
- Working knowledge of word processing, email and spreadsheet applications
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top