Life and Annuity Agent - Peoria IL Job in Peoria, IL | Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
What we provide :
- Base salary with monthly performance based commissions
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Company paid Retirement Savings Plan
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Complimentary AAA Membership
- Career Progression into Training and Sales Management positions
AAA is one of the most recognizable brands in the country and, we are looking to expand. We are searching for Life and Annuity Agents who are looking for MORE out of their career. A sales career with AAA is much more than just selling products, it is the chance to do more by helping people protect what is important to them.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Solicit and sell Life and Health products under minimal supervision. Learn various product features and marketing and sales techniques necessary to perform duties. Develop leads and prospects new accounts through various marketing activities (mailings, referrals, networking, website, sales.com, seminars, etc.) Successfully complete commission validation program.
Develop leads and prospects for the purpose of conducting fact finding interviews to determine needs for coverage. Prepare proposals, and conduct closing interviews for Life and Health Insurance sales. Complete appropriate applications and forms and follows internal processing procedures to ensure transactions are handled in accordance with company policies and practices. Work collaboratively with others in the Branch to reach business goals, maximize leads, sales opportunities and take advantage of cross-sell opportunities. Assist Underwriting and Brokerage Departments in satisfying requirements. Respond to customer inquiries and problems and ensure sound-sales practices are used. Prepare reports documenting prospecting and sales activities and maintains specified production standards and persistency levels for Life and Health insurance
- Possession of a valid State Health Sales license
- College level coursework
- Professional designations through the American College
- Strong knowledge of features and benefits of ACG's comprehensive product portfolio
Knowledge of ACG systems for policy sales, quoting, etc.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Works in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possession of valid State Life Sales licenses
- Ability to take and pass LUTC or CLU coursework
- Obtain and maintain Life and Health licenses required to sell products.
- Possession of a valid State driver's license
- Minimum of 2 years experience with a proven record of successfully soliciting and selling life insurance products.
- Experience selling intangible products.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong working knowledge of Life Insurance and Annuity products and services
- Ability to listen to and analyze customer needs and make recommendations to customers that best fit customers' needs and to promote a positive Member experience
- Effectively communicate complex information with prospective clients in a clear manner
- Ability to prepare proposals, and conduct closing interviews to sell Life and Annuity products.
- Assessing and reflecting customer insurance requirements consistent with company standards when writing policies
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations to determine premiums and values of Life insurance policies
- Ability to build and maintains strong relationships with customers
- Prospecting and developing new sales opportunities and meeting production requirements
- Ability to work collaboratively with all team members to attain business goals.
- Strong communication skills with others in the Branch to keep partners and branch management informed on sales and the disposition of any partner generated leads
- Understands and can articulate to customers the tax and legal impacts the products have on Members
- Strong organization, planning, time management and administrative skills
- Representing Auto Club Life in a professional and positive manner
- Safely operating a motor vehicle in order to travel to various locations to attend meetings
Proficient writing skills in order to compose routine correspondence
- Working independently with minimal supervision
- Good PC skills including working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top