Life and Annuity Agent
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Solicit and sell Life and Health products under minimal supervision. Learn various product features and marketing and sales techniques necessary to perform duties. Develop lead and prospect new accounts through various marketing activities (mailings, referrals, networking, website, sales.com, seminars, etc.) Successfully complete commission validation program. Develop lead and prospect for the purpose of conducting fact finding interviews to determine needs for coverage. Prepare proposals, and conduct closing interviews for Life and Health Insurance sales. Complete appropriate applications and forms and follows internal processing procedures to ensure transactions are handled in accordance with company policies and practices. Assist Underwriting and Brokerage Departments in satisfying requirements. Respond to customer inquiries and problems and ensure sound-sales practices are used. Prepare reports documenting prospecting and sales activities and maintains specified production standards and persistency levels for Life and Health insurance. Obtain and maintain Life and Health licenses required to sell products.
- Possession of valid State Health Sales license.
- Proficient writing skills tin order to compose routine correspondence.
- Works in a temperature controlled office environment. Frequent (up to 80% of work time) travel required with exposure to road hazards and temperature extremes.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify)
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- School Diploma or equivalent
- High Possession of valid State Life Sales licenses
- Ability to take and pass LUTC or CLU coursework
- Possession of a valid State driver's license
- Minimum of 2 years experience with a proven record of successfully soliciting and selling life insurance products.
- Experience selling intangible products.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organization, planning time management and administrative skills
- Effectively communicate complex information with prospective clients
- Prospecting and developing new sales opportunities and meet production requirements
- Analyzing customer needs, prepare proposals, and conduct closing interviews to sell life and health products
- Performing mathematic calculations to determine premiums and values of life insurance policies
- Communicating complex information in a clear manner
- Accurately assessing and reflecting customer insurance requirements consistent with company standards when writing policies
- Working independently with minimal supervision
- Representing Auto Club Life in a professional and positive manner
- Safely operating a motor vehicle in order to travel to various locations to attend meetings
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours including
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
Field Manager V
Cynthia oversees the day-to-day operations of an Ann Arbor Auto Club Group office, streamlining processes, interacting with members, and managing the sales of products and services.
Back to top