Life Agent Development Specialist Job in Dearborn, MI | Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Supports field agent development program including assessing, coaching and mentoring of agents, beginning with the installation process (including the first two years of employment) and then continuing with all tenured agents as appropriate. Provides support to management in the development of critical agent skills. Assists field managers in learning sales processes, prospecting and agent development skills in order to support agent productivity goals. Provides support to management as part of the field interview and selection process.
Monitors and assesses agent performance through on-site review, joint sales work, input from field management, and production reports. Develops actions plans to address performance gaps and assists the agent in implementation. Provides field and senior management with frequent and balanced feedback regarding progress of agent development plans. Provides support to management in setting annual performance goals, and may assist in development of agent business plans. Promotes an environment of shared accountability with field managers, regarding agent performance, in order to ensure the success of agency development goals.
None, but role is one of coaching, mentoring, challenging and enabling other employees to successfully meet objectives and goals.
- College coursework or Degree
- Completion and maintenance of appropriate Health Sales License
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment.
Position spends a varying amount of time traveling in order to meet with branch management and agents, with exposure to road hazards and temperature extremes during travel.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possession of a valid State Driver's license.
- Successful completion and maintenance of appropriate license for area of assignment, (Personal or Life Sales), such as State Property & Casualty or Life Sales Licenses for Personal product line or Life Sales License.
- Strong knowledge of Insurance Industry and Standards, etc.
- Successful experience selling products specific to area of assignment (Personal or Life Insurance) within the Auto Club Group or in a comparable sales environment
- Market development experience including analyzing territories and/or sales markets and developing plans to: increase the quality of existing business; retain existing customers; cross- sell products to existing customers and increase overall market share.
- Leadership experience to include coaching, mentoring, challenging and enabling employees to successfully meet objectives and goals.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational, planning, time management and administrative skills demonstrated through recent sales management/support experience in sales or product management
- Communicating effectively with employees in order to share complex information (i.e., numbers, margins, customer service data, customer defections, quality data, etc.) in a clear and understandable manner.
- PC software applications (e.g. Word, Excel, POS, Legacy, Access, etc)
- Providing support to agents in the achievement and maintenance of sales and service goals
- Assisting managers and agents with skill development and prospecting new sales opportunities
- Communicating and transitioning corporate goals into individual plans
- Identifying an agent's strengths and weaknesses and model skills needed to facilitate corrective action in various areas including product knowledge, prospecting, professionalism, closing techniques, etc.
- Interpreting reports and utilize as tools to increase performance of agents
- Representing the Auto Club Group in a professional and positive manner
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top