Leisure Travel Agent
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Sell complex and/or large scale domestic and international travel packages. Advise on best value, location, and mode of travel to meet client needs and manage book of business. Complete reservations and advises clients regarding documentation requirements. Consummate sale by making necessary travel arrangements (i.e. reservation, collection of money, and processing of documents). Receive and resolve related customer concerns. Enter AAA travel sales data into CRM system in accordance with company guidelines. May oversee the daily travel operation in an assigned location.
May perform administrative functions such as facility issues (i.e. equipment, cleaning, etc.), assist management in training new staff members, maintaining attendance records, etc. May monitor travel system performance and notify management regarding concerns.
Works indoors in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
- Successful completion of an approved travel school, vendor sponsored certification, ICTA MCC/ACC, CTA/CTC, International and Domestic DS modules, or substantial experience as a travel agent.
- Provide evidence of participation in industry educational activities such as AAA University, Preferred Supplier Training, Advanced Sales Training, Advanced Prospecting Training.
Extensive experience in/with:
- Planning and booking complex and/or large scale domestic and international travel packages
Advanced knowledge of:
- Domestic and international fare structures and ticketing systems
- Sales and prospecting techniques
- Customer relationship skills
- Internet sites for research and booking capabilities
- Travel conditions including customs, immigration and inoculation requirements, hygienic practices, political situations, etc.
- Monetary restrictions, and cancellation/change penalties
- Travel regulations including A.R.C. (Airline Reporting Corporation) and I.A.T.A.N. (International Association of Travel Agency Network)
- Proficiency in utilizing airline reservation systems to include domestic and international ticketing systems
- Capture travel related information into reservation/financial system
- Communicate effectively in a work environment, the public and travel vendors
- Perform basic mathematical calculations including percentages to complete Travel sales transactions
- Work irregular hours
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top