Learning Consultant Job in Dearborn, MI | Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Facilitate and evaluate highly advanced technical, non-technical or leadership development programs for all employees in assigned business units, assigned management level(s) within the company or corporate-wide initiatives. Apply instructional design concepts and methodologies to evaluate and analyze the design integrity of training projects, programs and curriculums. Develop and revise course curriculums and content for assigned initiatives. Work with vendors to identify learning solutions and customizations for training programs. Manage client and vendor relationships. Ensure that learning and development initiatives drive performance to targeted departmental and corporate goals.
Serve as a subject matter expert by providing insight and trusted performance-consulting advice to all levels of management. Conduct needs assessments to identify employee development needs and gaps in training. Work independently or lead project teams tasked with developing and executing learning strategies, evaluating the impact of training initiatives against predetermined metrics and identifying or developing solutions for highly complex problems. Forecast and communicate potential project outcomes to senior leaders and business units. Ensure cost-effective completion of highly complex assignments and large scale projects within specified deadlines while adhering to established department and company guidelines.
Maintain current and emerging knowledge of learning and development standards and techniques. Make recommendations for improvements to training and facilitation methods, processes and procedures used within department. Act as a resource to less experienced staff.
- Master's Degree in Education, Training, Instructional Design or a related field
- ATD, CPLP Certification
- Certification in Training, Facilitation or Coaching
- Performance Consulting, HPI or OD Certification
- utilizing train-the-trainer models
- utilizing eLearning authoring tools or Flash
Works in a temperature controlled office environment
Bachelor Degree in Education, Training or a related field or equivalent experience
Proven experience in/with:
- facilitating and evaluating training programs for adult learners using a variety of media or instructional delivery methodologies
- developing updates to course curriculum and facilitation processes
- managing multiple competing priorities/projects
- providing guidance and work direction to less senior personnel
- facilitating meetings, workshops and presentations
- benchmarking and trend analysis
- performance analysis
- determining and recommending solutions to training issues
- coaching and mentoring adult learners
- leading small to large-scale Learning and Development project team
- designing learning solutions for Instructor Lead, eLearning, Virtual or blended platforms
Knowledge and Skills:
Extensive knowledge of one or more of the following fields:
- Insurance /Claims
- Roadside Assistance
- Call Center Environment
- Customer Service
- Leadership Development
- adult learning theories, training methods and techniques
- Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft SharePoint, Adobe Creative Suite
- principles of performance analysis
- needs assessment and task analysis principles
- instructional design theory, concepts and practices
- lead large scale long-term learning and development projects
- participate in performance consulting for management to include performance analysis, design, delivery and implementation of performance improvement interventions in a business environment
- design and develop learning solutions; including but not limited to eLearning, Virtual, Instructor Lead and blended platforms
- manage client/vendor relationship
- develop and execute training and development strategies
- observe, evaluate and provide coaching and feedback
- develop and make presentations to large groups of employees
- communicate effectively within a work environment
- conduct needs assessments
- identify new learning opportunities
- analyze and resolve problems
- travel throughout the assigned region
- work irregular hours
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top