Java/COBOL IBMi Application Developer
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Serves as a team leader or technical team member in the planning, designing, developing, implementing, and/or supporting moderately complex new or revised processes, systems, or networks, or segments of a large or complex system (e.g., complex maintenance project). Responsible for the timely completion and quality of assigned deliverables and strives to achieve service level objectives. Develops system specifications, prototypes, and all levels of documentation (e.g., structure charts, screen designs, data flow diagrams, file layouts, report layouts, and job run descriptions) in accordance with IS standards. Assists Security team in the development of appropriate audit controls and procedures to ensure the integrity and protection of company resources. Defines the functional requirements of the system to support business needs.
- Development methodologies
- Joint application design (JAF)/Rapid Application Design (RAD) techniques
- Database modeling
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent level of work experience.
- Designing, developing, implementing, or supporting moderately complex information systems (or complex maintenance projects)
- Building or supporting mainframe, distributed or web-based systems
- Structured systems analysis, design, programming and testing
- Identifying, analyzing and resolving business/technical problems
- Monitoring tasks, using appropriate tools and techniques, recording progress, adjusting to possible project changes and meeting deadlines
- User interaction and facilitation
- Mainframe, distributed, and/or Web-based system design and development
- Database management systems (e.g., IMS DB, DB2, SQL Server, DB2 Oracle)
- PC fundamentals (e.g., MS Office)
- Online communication (e.g., IMS DC, CICS)
- System development tools (e.g., Endevor, IMS Expert, Xpediter, SQA Team Test, visualage for JAVA, WEB SPHERE STUDIO, IBM Jade, Eclipse)
- Operating systems (e.g., MVS, Windows, Windows, UNIX)
- Database design
- Local area networks and network communication
Knowledge and Skills:
- Systems operations practices
- Security and control procedures
- Systems development methodologies
- Ability to:
- Evaluate a moderately complex system and understand the inter-dependencies between components
- Lead teams of individuals in a matrix organization
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top