IT Product Manager - Digital Job in Tampa, FL | Auto Club Group
- Tampa, FL
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 13.5 million members and customers across 13 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The AWS Lead is responsible for overseeing the development, and technology integration, of all customer-facing web-based projects. This role will lead technology teams across all stages of Agile delivery while collaborating with the Club Applications team, Mobile App team, and Marketing. Duties include:
- Lead web-based initiatives on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform, and Java
- Set technical direction for development team, lead the release of core products, and work with team to maintain knowledge management system for development tools and software documentation
- Proactively assess current processes, identify technology improvements, and develop solutions that meet the short and long term goals of the organization
- Supervise technical expertise of in-house and external resources
- Coordinate activities with third party technology partners.
- Interact with the Customer Experience and Marketing teams
- Support the AAA Membership, Insurance, Travel, and Banking lines of business
- Estimate time frames, quality, and quantity of resources required to successfully implement project
- Troubleshoot functional application issues to determine root cause
- Independently handle personnel issues, conflict management, define goals that increase knowledge and skills of team, and define team's expectations
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct reports, but will guide different technology teams
Preferred Qualifications: Hands on experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field or in the alternative a combination of education, certifications and work experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 5+ years' hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience leading eCommerce platform integrations with various internal and external systems/services
Knowledge and Skills:
- REST service development and methodologies
- Understanding the software development lifecycle in Agile and/or DevOps
- Strong familiarity with source code control systems (Subversion, GIT)
- Strong familiarity with common design patterns used in web applications
- Background in web application development using enterprise grade technologies and frameworks
- Knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management and performance tuning utilized to result in elegant and fast-loading web experiences
- Ability to enforce practices like test-driven development, Continuous Integration, and Test Automation
- Understanding of common web application security best practices
- Ability to communicate value propositions
- Ability to convert business requirements into detailed systems design and technical specifications
- Strong-communication and conflict resolution skills
- High level of self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to prioritize multiple work streams and responsibilities simultaneously
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top