Insurance Sales & Service Representative
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Provide support to the Field Sales environment by developing and servicing existing accounts, performing outbound prospecting and retention calls, processing applications, renewals and amendments and resolving customer problems. Provide price quotes on all insurance products which factor in all applicable rules (underwriting, business, etc.) and discounts in an effort to complete the sale. Respond to inquiries and explains product features and Auto Club Group service advantages to potential customers for the purpose of promoting and selling various membership and insurance products. Recognize and promote cross-sales opportunities within the context of servicing a change to an existing member's policy and provide efficient processing of customer policies, endorsements, and status and coverage changes in accordance with state rules and corporate policies and procedures.
Provide support to Agents by assisting customers with questions and service related problems for existing accounts and performing outbound prospecting calls to members and non-members in order to provide sales leads. Provide advanced technical and product information in response to the customer's questions and/or problems to ensure achievement of quality and customer service goals. Rewrite and reinstate insurance policies according to underwriting and business rules. Requote and initiate paper or point of sale transactions required to amend or add insurance coverage (change address, etc.). Contact members or insured regarding the renewal of delinquent memberships, late premium payments and to solicit reinstatements in the event of policy cancellations
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
- College level coursework, certification or equivalent (i.e., continuous learning)
- Possession and maintenance of appropriate Health insurance sales license
- PC software applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- investigation and resolution of sales related problems
- outbound prospecting calls
Knowledge and Skills:
- The Auto Club Group membership services and products
- The Auto Club Group insurance product features
- The Auto Club Group subsidiary products
- equity and group billing
- insurance computer software applications (PPS, POS, IMS, IPM)
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- Possession and maintenance of appropriate State Property & Casualty and Life insurance sales license
- Successful completion of Customer Service, Insurance and Membership training within 6 months of hire
- providing a high level of customer-focused service
- competently entering information on various screens using a PC keyboard
- navigating through a PC Windows environment, including accessing information from multiple applications
- managing and navigating multiple sources of information and applying as needed
- servicing insurance policies including processing applications, renewals and amendments
- promoting the sales of insurance products and services using established guidelines
- presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner
Knowledge and Skills:
- successfully complete appropriate training relative to all Auto Club Group (ACG) products and services
- analyze member/potential customer insurance needs and determine appropriate levels of coverage
- prepare appropriate rate quotations
- organize, plan and promote the sale of ACG insurance and membership products and services
- work independently, with minimal supervision
- work within a team environment
- exceed member expectations relating to professionalism of demeanor, efficient and effective customer service (on phone or in person) and maintenance of workstation and office facility
- perform outbound sales and service calls
- maintain accurate records
- read, comprehend and communicate clearly and concisely in the work environment and with the public (e.g., explain instructions, rules and procedures)
- work irregular hours including holidays and weekends (may include community events)
- willingness and ability to work in any assigned location and work irregular hours to include weekends and holidays
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
Field Manager V
Cynthia oversees the day-to-day operations of an Ann Arbor Auto Club Group office, streamlining processes, interacting with members, and managing the sales of products and services.
Back to top