IBMi Operations Technical Analyst
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary duties and responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Maintains the technical aspects of the software certification and acceptance-testing environment. Assists in coordinating technical activities across testing teams. Provides technical knowledge and assistance to development and business unit staff. Analyzes operating procedures and develops innovative approaches to enhance the team's effectiveness. Assists with coordinating the implementation process for successfully tested and approved systems into a production environment. Assists in the planning and administration of standards, policies and procedures related to a multi-platform testing environment. Validates adherence to quality control standards.
Develops and executes backup and recovery procedures for the software certification testing environments. Assists in the evaluation of related hardware and software products as appropriate.
Supports backup and recovery procedures for the software certification testing environments and analyzes problem and design alternative approaches for problem resolution and/or alternative solutions.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience withIBMi/iSeries/AS400
- Detailed knowledge/execution ofrunning/monitoring/correcting various production jobs on an IBMi/iSeries/AS400
- Experience with BRMS Backup Software (IBM's Backup, Recovery andMedia Services)
- Experience with Logical Replication Software (iCluster or Mimix)
- Experience with System Monitoring and alerting software (Mplus,Halcyon)
- Knowledge of IBM Power System Hardware
a. HMC– Hardware Management Console
b. Physicaland Virtual Tape library management
c. TapeEncryption Software (TKLM/SKLM)
Required qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
College level coursework or formal training in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or a related field. Technical Certification or Degree preferred.
- Identifying, analyzing and resolving moderately complex technical problems
- Change control procedures
- Building and supporting mainframe environments (IMS, DB2, CICS, COBOL)
- Monitoring tasks, using appropriate tools and techniques, recording progress, adjusting to possible project changes and meeting deadlines
- Designing, developing, implementing or supporting moderately complex information systems
- Writing technical and procedural documentation
- Testing tools, techniques and methodologies
- Systems development methodologies
- Security and control procedures
- Industry technology standards
- Evaluate a moderately complex system and understand the interdependencies between components
- Provide guidance and training to technical staff
- Communicate clearly about technical topics
Willingness to work overtime or weekends when required to meet test deadlines.
- Control languages (e.g., JCL)
- Data base administration (e.g., IMS &DB2 DB unloads, reloads, restores)
- Operating systems (e.g., MVS, OS/2, Windows)
- Software configuration tools (e.g., Endevor, Dimensions)
- On-line communications (e.g., CICS, IMS/DC)
- Productivity tools (e.g.Fileaid)
- Software implementation and maintenance
- Mainframe utilities (e.g., IEBGENER, SORT, UCANDU)
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA membership and much more!
Important note: the above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top