Home Loan Compliance and CRA Coordinator
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Ensure compliance with applicable banking laws, regulations/rulings, policies and procedures within assigned business lines. Work with compliance staff and business line management on compliance initiatives that encompass regulatory requirements for business lines impacted by consumer compliance regulations including BSA, Privacy, Fair Lending (Regulation B, Fair Housing Act), Community Reinvestment Act ("CRA"), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act ("HMDA"), Regulation O, RESPA, Regulation Z and other consumer regulations. Assist business line management with compliance related training topics and materials related to laws and regulations.
Conduct quality control and validation reviews for assigned business functional areas. Recommend updates to compliance related operating procedures for business lines. Support business line management in coordinating, conducting and updating compliance risk assessment. In coordination with Compliance, work and guide business line management in the review and implementation of appropriate key controls and updates to business line processes and operating procedures to support compliance with laws, regulations and rules. Assist business line management with implementation of corrective action plans to resolve and correct compliance-related exceptions, criticisms, deficiencies or violations disclosed during internal compliance reviews, internal or external audits and/or regulatory exams for assigned business functional areas.
Act as a liaison with community organizations as it relates to CRA activity. Attend community meetings to gather information relative to bank compliance with the CRA requirements. Prepare and present meeting summaries regarding CRA compliance and activity to the CRA Committee. Perform quality control review of CRA and HMDA data collection, monitoring and integrity processes. Assist with or perform compliance risk assessments and provide support to HMDA and CRA data reporting. Prepare annual CRA needs assessment summary and reports and make recommendations for improvement in accordance with CRA regulations.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment. Travel to community meetings up to four times a week.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Banking or related field or extensive experience in a bank environment.
- demonstrating a broad understanding of all aspects of the development and implementation of compliance related quality controls, processes and procedures
- implementing corrective action plans to resolve and/correct compliance/quality control related exceptions
- preparing annual CRA needs assessment preparation and presentation
- coordinating CRA and Fair Lending committee process
- maintaining contact with community organizations
Knowledge and Skills:
- compliance related responsibilities in a federally regulated financial institution; emphasis on lending
- consumer disclosure and protection laws and regulations
- deposit and lending compliance regulations
- state and federal laws and regulation
- loan operations and banking laws
- consumer regulations (e.g., Regulation B, C, Z, CRA, HMDA, FCRA, SCRA) and other business function area regulations
- CRA and Fair Lending processes and activities
- implementing and coordinating multiple projects and completing projects within projected timeframes
- analytical decision making and problem solving
- preparing and presenting CRA specific training to all bank staff
- provide operational and compliance training as appropriate
- coordinate and participate in projects/initiatives
- provide operational and regulatory guidance and/or work leadership to other bank staff
- prioritize and communicate compliance related initiatives utilizing a risk-based approach
- meet and act as a liaison with community organizations
- effectively communicate compliance and operational requirements to business line staff and management
- analyze and interpret lending compliance regulations
- develop in-depth knowledge of company policies and business operating procedures
- attain and maintain a high level of expertise and working knowledge of the laws, regulations and rulings governing those areas for the assigned business functional
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top