The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Dispatches calls for emergency roadside assistance to members and/or club fleet personnel via radio, telephone or electronically in accordance with established guidelines. Receives and manages calls relate to emergency and/or commercial road service utilizing a computer aided call processing system. Performs geographical location spotting, map reading and provides detailed instructions to Fleet Service or contracted personnel in determining member/customer location. Monitors dispatched calls and takes action to resolve and correct service problems or potential problems. Handles driver/customer escalations in accordance with established procedures. Provides explanations to customers, as needed. Reports and documents any service issues. Closes service request using D2000 system in a timely manner. Accepts payment from members/customers as appropriate. Reconciles and resolves rudimentary payment issues. Maintains related records and files. Assists coworkers and less-senior dispatchers as necessary.
- Reading and comprehending various Customer Care service tools (e.g. manuals, work models, etc.)
- Dispatching calls
- A call center environment
- ACG policies and procedures as they relate to Emergency Road Service
- WORK ENVIRONMENT
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
- Accurately inputting information into various fields using a P.C. keyboard
- Navigating through a P.C. and/or automated processing system
- Performing basic mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, percentages, etc.
- Analyzing and resolving customer service problems
- Preparing written communications (e.g. responding to customer inquiries)
- A basic concept of geography and basic direction skills are required.
- Telephone etiquette
- Communicate effectively with others over the telephone or in person
- Demonstrate effective listening skills
- Manage and direct service call volume
- Read maps and use travel related tools (i.e. GPS)
- Successfully complete customer care training
- Work in a call center environment
- Act as a liaison between fleet personnel, members, customers, and call center personnel
- Successfully identify and resolve customer service/fleet issues
- Work under minimal supervision
- Adhere to customer service standards
- Represent the Auto Club Group in a positive and professional manner
- Effectively manage ETAs (Estimated Time of Arrivals) to ensure the provision of timely customer service
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain accurate records
Willingness and ability to work irregular hours, weekends and/or holidays.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top