Field Manager Trainee
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership,travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 millionmembers and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA,Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and isthe second largest AAA club in North America.
PrimaryDuties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Assist assignedManager(s) in the implementation and management of sales and service deliveryin one or more retail outlets for all ACG products, including membership, insurance,travel, etc. In a learning capacity, participate in various job rotationsto meet specific knowledge and skill-based objectives including all branchlevel operations (facilities, cash management, etc.). Provide support tomanagement to ensure the attainment of product, revenue, net income and servicegoals for assigned retail outlets.
Learn all Auto ClubGroup and Line of Business policies and procedures consistent with assignedlocation/region and keep current on regulatory changes that may impact salesand service. Provide support to management in the recruitment, selectionand development of sales and service employees. Provide on-site supportto local activities and keep current on community activities, trends andcompetitive environments. Communicate issues and concerns to assignedManager to ensure appropriate response and provides oversight to the necessaryadministrative workload to support assigned location/region.
- College Degree inBusiness Administration, Sales & Marketing, Management, or a related field
Management experiencethat includes primary responsibilities for:
- Motivating anddeveloping retail sales and service employees
- Developing and managingeffective local sales business plans
- Review and analysis ofprofit and loss statements
- Branch levelmanagement/managing a revenue center
- Insurance and/or clubproducts
- Sales techniques andcoaching sales and/or retail personnel
Works in a temperaturecontrolled office environment. Travel (about 20% of work time) required withexposure to road hazards and temperature extremes.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimumrequirements to qualify):
Successful completion ofappropriate State Property & Casualty and Life and Health Sales licensingexams within 90 days of hire
Retail experience insales, customer service, insurance, travel or product management
Possession of anappropriate valid State Drivers license
Leadership experience toinclude:
- Decision making
- Analyzing and problemsolving
- Coaching, mentoring,challenging employees/peers to successfully meet objectives and goals
- Learn to analyze localbranch territories and/or sales markets and develop
- Business plans to:increase the quality of existing business; retain existing customers; crosssell products to existing customers and increase overall market share
- Effectively communicatewith employees in order to share complex information (i.e., numbers, margins,customer service data, customer defections, quality data, etc.) in a clear andunderstandable manner.
- Learn and handlenecessary administrative processes and systems to support a Branch or SalesOffice
- Maintain appropriateState Property & Casualty and Life and health Sales licenses
- Willingness and abilityto work in any assigned location throughout state and to work irregular hours
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
Field Manager V
Cynthia oversees the day-to-day operations of an Ann Arbor Auto Club Group office, streamlining processes, interacting with members, and managing the sales of products and services.
Back to top