ERS Customer Service Dispatch Representative Job in Grand Rapids, MI | Auto Club Group
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Functions as fully trained team member in all aspects of Emergency Road Service, Membership and Auto Travel benefits in a call center environment. Provides information to members/customers in accordance with Customer Interaction Model. Promotes member satisfaction and provides seamless service to ensure customer service goals and standards are met. Fulfills member requests for specific membership and auto travel products in accordance with product and membership policies, and procedures and training. Receives and processes member requests for emergency road service utilizing a computer aided call processing system. Performs challenging geographical location spotting, map reading and detailed instructions to contracted service providers. Manages dispatch queues and reroutes calls as necessary. Identifies and capitalizes on opportunities to cross-sell products and services. Navigates through various sources of information (P.C., manuals job aids, call center models, Internet, etc.) and applications (D/2000, ATS, PPS, etc.), in order to effectively respond to members/customers' requests/concerns in a timely manner. Handles customer escalations in accordance with established procedures. Places outbound calls to members/contractors and resolves contractor issues as appropriate. Accepts payment from members, as appropriate. Reconciles and resolves rudimentary payment issues. Assists coworkers and less-senior advocates as necessary. Regularly handles new, inbound calls as required.
College level coursework in Business, Marketing, Geography or other related field and/or applicable professional/technical certification courses.
- Call center environment
- AAA Emergency Road Service
- Selling goods or services
- Dispatching calls
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Successful completion of Customer Care and ERS Street Team training and certification courses. Six months experience working in dispatching of service requests.
- Accurately inputting information into various fields using a P.C. keyboard
- Navigating through a P.C. and/or automated processing system
- Reading and comprehending various Customer Care service tools (manuals, work models, ERS mapping tools etc.)
- Performing mathematical calculations including adding, subtracting, percentages, etc.
- Handling customer escalations
- Negotiating with contractors to obtain quality service for members
- Customer service
- Written communication (e.g. responding to contractor/member/customer inquiries)
- Effectively utilizing Customer Interaction Model
- ACG policies and procedures as they relate to Emergency Road Service, Membership and/or Auto Travel functions
- Provide a high level of customer service in a professional call center environment
- Act as a liaison between AAA contractors, members and customer advocates
- Successfully identify and resolve customer/contractor issues with infrequent management involvement
- Analyze and resolve problems
- Adhere to Customer Care/ERS Street Team service standards
- Effectively process and dispatch all ERS calls including RAP, etc.
- Represent the Customer Interaction Centers in a professional and positive manner
- Effectively manage ETAs (Estimated Time of Arrivals), dispatch queues and reroute calls as applicable
- Work independently and make sound business decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Read maps and use travel related tools (i.e. directional cues) to assist entry level advocates/members
- Multi-task across all Club product lines
- Demonstrate strong communication skills demonstrated through the effective use of the Customer Interaction Model
- Communicate effectively with others over the telephone, in person, or in writing
- Demonstrate effective listening skills
- Maintain accurate records
- Understand, read and reconcile payment histories
- Ability to be cross-skilled to handle other department call volumes as business needs dictate to include: inbound ERS Call Receiving, ERS Dispatch, any Membership phone call, and/or Auto Travel
- Willingness and ability to work irregular hours to include various shifts, weekends and/or holidays
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top