Director, Data Strategy
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
This position is responsible for direction, coordination and implementation of ACG's data strategy across the enterprise. This role is responsible for understanding the data needs of stakeholders and steer ACG data strategy and architecture accordingly. In addition, this role will continuously refine and refresh ACG data strategy based on current industry trends and best practices, business goals and to align with transformational initiatives. This role will also be responsible for providing data architecture direction for the implementation roadmap.
This role will collaborate with the Enterprise Architect, Infrastructure and Operations Head and CISO to tailor the data strategy and guide data related initiatives. This includes governance, master data management, business intelligence and supporting project delivery. This role will collaborate with data Research and Analytics leadership lay the foundation for analytics environment by guiding data architects on strategy and approach.
This role with engage with business SMEs, IT Sr. Management and other stakeholders throughout the data strategy, roadmap, architecture and implementation phases and recommend effective solutions/directions to achieve expected goals/objectives. Provide thought leadership in strategy and implementation of data management solutions such as data warehouse, operational data store (ODS), data marts, data quality, master data management, metadata management, big data, data integration and data governance.
Participates in long term strategic planning and provides the perspective of an acknowledged expert or specialist on matters related to corporate policy, major/complex problems, and issues having company-wide impact. Work with Business. Participates in the process of selecting, hiring, mentoring, training, and developing assigned staff. Ensures Sr. Management is appraised of status of initiatives, as well as escalate issues for resolution.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
Directly and indirectly, data architects, solution architects, data analysts who may be distributed in one or more physical locations.
- Experience with Industry Solution models (e.g. IIW, IAA) will be a plus.
- Experience in an insurance environment or other financial services environments
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with Machine Learning
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field and/or related technology certification.
- 15 years in leading and managing complex enterprise wide data management strategy and implementation programs
- Must have strong understanding of the various business domains such as Membership, Financial Services including Insurance, Banking, Life; and Travel and deep insight as to what drives these businesses.
- Must have a unique combination of strong analytical skills, deep business acumen and ability to breakdown high-level business goals into actionable strategies
- Must have experience of working with CxO level and should be able to effectively manage their expectations and effectively communicate with senior business and IT leaders
- Must have experience of defining Enterprise Data Strategy, Data Architecture, Governance and Roadmap for large and complex organizations and leading the implementation
- Must have strong implementation skills and able to perform initiative planning, scheduling, executive reporting and provide ongoing management oversight
- Must have experience of working on Transactional systems, ODS, BI/Data Warehouse/Marts, ETL/Data Integration & Analytics and Big Data solutions
- Must have expertise in Data Quality, Data Profiling, Metadata Management, MDM, Data Archival and Data Migration areas
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- data management, business intelligence and data integration
- business process re-engineering concepts, methods, tools, and techniques
- total quality control processes and quality problem solving tools
- conduct long-range strategic planning
- effectively motivate team members to achieve high quality results
- communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively about complex technical, or sensitive topics
- Communicate with senior leadership regarding project updates as well as issues that need escalation.
- communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top