Director, Credit Risk Administration
The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Oversee and direct activities related to credit risk reporting, analytics, loan loss forecasting and modeling that impact key financial operations and outcomes. Work with senior management to provide strategic guidance on credit risk disciplines and projects appropriate for current and future size and structure of the Bank. Ensure credit functions are continuously developing towards a more mature operating state in which policy limits related to credit risk are an effective balance of minimizing losses and supporting growth.
Manage a team of credit risk personnel responsible for credit risk reporting, analytics and modeling activities for assigned areas of business. Responsible for operating budget related to staff and third party services.
Create and implement a data structure for all credit and lending activities. Determine targets/plan in order to achieve credit risk objectives in accordance with the strategic business plan for consumer credit to include mortgage, auto and other consumer loan products. Develop and maintain methodologies, strategies and processes to report, analyze, forecast, model expected outcomes and track exceptions throughout the risk review process. Enhance policy(s) to control key risk areas such as ALLL, Concentration, and Exception limits.
Serve as a strategic and tactical business partner to Finance, Secondary Marketing and Product Lines. Assist in new product guideline development and changes to ensure adherence to Bank and regulatory requirements while minimizing associated risks. Communicate key risk reporting and emerging risks to Product Line Leaders, and the Bank's Credit and Lending Committees. Serve as a key contact for regulatory, internal, and external exams. Prepare material for the Board of Directors and Loans Committees, as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
Manage a team of credit risk personnel. Participate in the selection, hiring, training and development and discipline of assigned personnel.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics or related field
- 10 Years in Financial Services industry, Credit Risk discipline or related experience
- Experience operating under oversight of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
Work in a temperature-controlled office environment.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics or related field
- eight years in Financial Services industry, Credit Risk discipline or related experience
- leading a team to execute activities that support program objectives
- monitoring, analyzing and assessing financial business operations and employee work product
- engaging and influencing cross functional teams
- managing conflict and issue resolution
- communicating program updates and recommendations to and executive team
Knowledge and Skills:
- extensive knowledge of the consumer credit market, regulation, as well as competitors
- analytical and P/L management
- ability to solve complex analytical issues related to credit risk
- ability to discern internal and external impacts and how they collectively affect the credit quality of the portfolios and new business volume
- demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
- communicate internally and with external regulators and third parties
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of The Auto Club Group's Employees
ERS Product Specialist
Sabri assists Auto Club Group members in need of emergency roadside assistance, providing the relief they require by sending mechanic services and offering a little laughter.
Back to top